Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh: What are good,brands for motorcycle jackets and helmets?
I dont want any leather, prefer textile,
and like tight body conforming jackets, or ones that already have a body shape to them.With mabye a little padding down the spine
As far as helmets go, i like the helmets with a bit of style, but still function and serve there purpose well. Style like the Streamline helmets bell has for sportbikes.
Wondering if there were any brand suggestions
thanks!:D

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
oooh.. Thats a bugger of a question you've asked there as practically everyone of us on here have their own preferences when it comes to gear..

Take a look at New Enough, based in the States.. They have very good gear at great prices and also write their own review of the stuff they sell..

As for helmets, your first consideration should be safety.. Take a look at this site Sharp - The Helmet Safety Scheme .. I know it's a UK site, I live here, but they are doing safety tests on helmets and are rating them out of 5 on their performance. This rating shows their score over and above the minimum safety standards for helmets here in the UK.. It's caused a bit of an upset with some helmet manufacturers, especially those who make very expensive ones, as some cheaper helmets are getting better results than the pricy ones.. It just goes to show that expensive doesn't necessarily mean better..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome!!! Thanks alot for that , I definally want saftey, don't won't to be looking good while my head is cracked if anything bad happens(hopefully not LOL) but I definatly want to go for safety, so I definatly willbe checking out that site

And with the jackets I really want to be comfortable while I ride as well as protected.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Awesome!!! Thanks alot for that , I definally want saftey, don't won't to be looking good while my head is cracked if anything bad happens(hopefully not LOL) but I definatly want to go for safety, so I definatly willbe checking out that site

And with the jackets I really want to be comfortable while I ride as well as protected.:thumb:
Your best bet for gear is to go to a gear retailer and try lots of stuff on, keeping notes if you can as to what you preferred, and then maybe look about to see where you can get the best deal for it..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with that, I guess it woulnt be smart to buy my first jacket and helmet online and not know whAt fits me good. Then have to go through the hassle of returning it cause it doesn't fit right.:D

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
I agree with that, I guess it woulnt be smart to buy my first jacket and helmet online and not know whAt fits me good. Then have to go through the hassle of returning it cause it doesn't fit right.:D
:thumb: Makes sense to me

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
what size are you? if you're about an xl i've got a great frank thomas textile jacket that i am looking to get rid of pretty cheap. i'll try to keep a look out here for your response, but if you can shoot me a pm it will work better

·
Registered
61 Posts
For Jackets i would say Rukka is the best. Used by alot of the police riders over here in the UK, but they are expensive:(

As far as helmets go I would only go for Arai or Shoei, as although they didn't do as well as some other brands in the U.K sharps test. I feel the test is not looking at certain very important parts of a helmet's function during an collision.
Most important thing about a helmet make sure it's comfortable.

Cheers

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts