Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sorry...could not locate the old Janklow thread.)

He was found guilty yesterday of manslaughter, and will resign from the S.D. house on Jan. 20th. That is also the day of his sentencing.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Saw it when they broke the news live at about 6 p.m. last night CST. Fantastic. Now we keep our fingers crossed for sentencing.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chain said:
Saw it when they broke the news live at about 6 p.m. last night CST. Fantastic. Now we keep our fingers crossed for sentencing.
Yeah, I was too googly eyed from all the new bells and whistles on the board to be able to post it last night....old guys don't deal with change very well..... LOL

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Chain said:

Well I'll be damned. Good news from a court. Whatever sentance they give the old bastage, we'll need to email Governor Rounds to tell him if he commutes Janklow's sentance or pardons him, he can kiss the money from Sturgis goodbye - (not that I'd be caught dead there during that event, but you get the idea....) Maybe ABATE can get on that bandwagon.

Baketech, think of the loss of revenue in polaroid film ALONE. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Baketech, think of the loss of revenue in polaroid film ALONE.
:pointup:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Baketech said:
old guys don't deal with change very well..... LOL

Whatever makes you say that?! :eek:

Read it the other day also. Let's just hope he doesn't skate, the friggin' repeat loser! I can hear his attorney now, "let's see, we shall blame this whole episode on your diabetes" :bs:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fivestar said:
That's all he got???

Unreal.

:mad:
Scary to think that your life is worth 30 days in jail and a couple of months of sleep overs....but that is reality I guess....
:eek:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
This is total :shit:

His actions took the life of a human being, and that's all he gets??? Not to mention his previous driving record.

I'm just dam glad the family has decided to sue. He needs to be raked over the coals. It's not over...

JMHO

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
That sentence is farcical! What a crock of bullshit, although all so typical of the U.S. judicial system and lawyers. You're high profile/got money? You're probably gonna skate. I hope the deceased's family can ruin the fucker financially. :pissed:

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Bacchus said:
That sentence is farcical! What a crock of bullshit, although all so typical of the U.S. judicial system and lawyers. You're high profile/got money? You're probably gonna skate. I hope the deceased's family can ruin the fucker financially. :pissed:
Let's put the blame for this travesty where it squarely lies:

South Dakota does not require minimum sentences, so Judge Rodney Steele was free to impose anything from no jail time and no fines to a total of more than 11 years behind bars and $11,400 in fines."
The State Judge let him skate. The prosecutor did his job, and the bullshit diabetes-defense wa rejected by a Hometown Jury.

So hopefully , one or more of three things will take place...

1.) A fellow inmate who is a rider will instruct Mr. Fatass Diabetes Ex-Congressman on the meaning of the phrase..."life is precious".
2.) A good lawyer will completely ruin him financially.
3.) NOT ONE SINGLE MOTORCYCLIST WILL SHOW UP AT STURGIS, EVER AGAIN.

Make the state pay.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Pretty Sad. We all know what that sentence would have been like if it had been your 'average, ordinary' guy. :(

·
Registered
332 Posts
This is utter, complete bvllsh!t, I can't believe this!!! What a joke! Talk about adding insult to injury for the victim's family. This is our justice system? I hope to God there's a boycott of Sturgis. I also hope the family gets all they can out of the bastard in the civil suit. Sheesh, I was expecting a light sentence, but this too much.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just read the local paper. In three years when his probation is over, the judge is going to seal the record. It will be like it never happened. I just hope Karma kicks in, or the family of the murdered biker gets even.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts