Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, this idea is from one of the guys who used to post on here many years ago. I cannot for the life of me find the thread it was out of but I still have the pictures of the main idea which I want to use on my bike.

The idea was to put on a smaller plate, tidy up the rear end and most importantly keep the OEM indicators...out here they are terrible drivers and I like to be seen !

So here are the pics...... 99784389qr7[1].jpg fender0[1].jpg fender1[1].jpg myfendereliminatordh0[1].jpg

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the problem, as I cannot find the thread this was from I am not sure how he lixed it to the bike, as the internal distance between the plastic sides of the OEM tail/exhaust tidy section is 120mm, but the template shows the bolt hole gap to be at 165mm centres....another pic to help us along...
fender07(1).jpg fender 07(2).jpg fender 07(3).jpg

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I smell a patent. Should try to get something like that in the market. A lot of people like to keep the OEM blinkers for the same reason you said, to be seen.
I love the look of flush-mounts, but cagers don't notice anything anyway. I know LEDs are hella-bright nowadays. Hope you get it figured out :thumb:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the R&G ones come right up and around the sides and mount.. Not sure how this chap attached it.

R&G Tail Tidy HONDA CBR600RR 03-06 CBR1000RR 04-06 | eBay
That looks wicked ! And how cheap !!!
Hi Jazzy, I think you may have to remove the standard undertray plastics to see whats under them.. Any idea if just the tail section comes away? Very hard to tell from the pics
I had the other thread book marked, I was looking for something else and came across the original thread, only 4 posts. BUT this is the pic we were missing, I was wondering if he had put an aftermarket can on, which would be the reason for the template dimensions being wider than 120mm.... fender 07(4).jpg

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Looks like a great idea. :thumb: Good luck getting it figured out. I'm in complete agreement about being visible, cause I swear we're INvisible to some of the knucklehead cagers out there.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a great idea. :thumb: Good luck getting it figured out. I'm in complete agreement about being visible, cause I swear we're INvisible to some of the knucklehead cagers out there.
Cheers butty :thumb:
Looks like the R&G ones come right up and around the sides and mount.. Not sure how this chap attached it.

R&G Tail Tidy HONDA CBR600RR 03-06 CBR1000RR 04-06 | eBay
Underneath the tail section on the side there are to bolts/screws I'm guessing it was attached to one of those :idunno:

fender 07(5).jpg fender 07(6).jpg

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive got a R&G tail tidy on my blade that has some real thin sweet sides on it heres one view, if you want ill post up some more pics from different angles so you can see how its fitted and just how it looks if thats any help.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive got a R&G tail tidy on my blade that has some real thin sweet sides on it heres one view, if you want ill post up some more pics from different angles so you can see how its fitted and just how it looks if thats any help.
Wonder how it would look with the OEM pipe :idunno:
Hmm see what you mean Jazzy.. If I were you I would be tempted to just cut down the standard plastics and fit a smaller plate, im with you and think it makes the backend look untidy with the metal brackets going up around the pipe..
I was going to say the same :eek:

You know what they say Mr Chops.."Great minds think alike and fools seldom differ" :eek: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My next question would be, is there any chance you could get a plate made up for me :idunno: :pray:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah sure I can get the plate Jazzy, you have normal UK type fonts on the plate over there like my one on my thread? Just let me know what size you want it, oh and your registration would help too I guess haha :)
Thanks mate. I think I would like to keep the OEM side pieces, so when I get chance over the weekend I'll have a look at cutting the old one down(after I the new plate arrives here), just to see about fixings, which shouldn't be too much of a bother.

I'll have to see what I can do about the chunky rear red reflector :puke: I'm not sure if there is a plate light inside it ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts