Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my Subaru Baja Turbo :crying:and my wife is selling her car so we can get a better all-around family car, a Subaru Tribeca. I am going to buy an old pickup or Jeep for around $3k-$4k. I'm seriously considering a 4-cylinder jeep early 90's or late 80's since they are in the price range and I've always had a thing for Jeeps, just never bought one. Is the Jeep 4 banger a good engine? How's the MPG? Bugs/quirks/common problems to look for when shopping? Thanks

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Don't know much about them, but the MPG is guaranteed to suck.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm only going to drive this pig around town for errands, and to tow my bikes to the track/desert/etc, so ride and mpg isn't THAT big of a deal I guess, I'll only be taking it on long trips like once every month or two. Hmm, wonder if I could stick a new Toyota 4 banger in one :D

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Your smog situation will goto hell.

I have several friends into offroading. Watching their various efforts, the old I6 Land Cruiser is what I'd be in the market for. :thumb: And, you wouldn't have to smog it, so you could easily throw any drivetrain in it you want. (TBI 350 Chevs are the favorite)

·
Registered
700 Posts
luvtolean said:
Your smog situation will goto hell.

I have several friends into offroading. Watching their various efforts, the old I6 Land Cruiser is what I'd be in the market for. :thumb: And, you wouldn't have to smog it, so you could easily throw any drivetrain in it you want. (TBI 350 Chevs are the favorite)
+1

You can't beat an old "Land-crusher" with a 350. My college roommate's dad had one in the mid 80's and traded it in on a Range Rover - said it was the worst deal he ever did. He sold the Rover 6 months later and got another Crusher.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts