Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested bring a roll or two of 35mm film (iso 100 or 400-up to you) and I'll get some pics of you on the track. This offer is mainly for the Int/Advanced people as I plan on being out in the Beginner group for most of the time but I imagine that I'll probably be sitting some of mine out as I intend on letting Bubba use my bike for a bit.
I took a bunch of pics up at Grattan last year and most of them were pretty decent but I really don't feel like spending a ton of $$$ on film and developing this time around.

Charlie, I still wanna take you up on your offer to take my camcorder along for a ride with me chasing you.

·
Registered
216 Posts
'pretty decent' you said?? your pix were AWESOME. i will be bringin you some film.

if cc is gonna film you chasing him, i'll load up the DV and get behind you (leave it alone, bubba) and we'll have a nh video sandwich!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flasher2001 : 'pretty decent' you said?? your pix were AWESOME.  i will be bringin you some film.  

if cc is gonna film you chasing him, i'll load up the DV and get behind you (leave it alone, bubba) and we'll have a nh video sandwich!
Thanks! (RE: my Grattan pics)

Re: chase/pursuit movies... Two camcorders are always better than 1. Are you sure you'll be able to ride that slow?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flasher2001 : true, you will be following an overweight/underpowered machine.
ouch.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I may take you up on that. Of course I'll be in the beginner group also... I will have my DV camera too so we can have loads of video.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
nhfirefighter13 : If anyone is interested bring a roll or two of 35mm film (iso 100 or 400-up to you) and I'll get some pics of you on the track. This offer is mainly for the Int/Advanced people as I plan on being out in the Beginner group for most of the time but I imagine that I'll probably be sitting some of mine out as I intend on letting Bubba use my bike for a bit.
I took a bunch of pics up at Grattan last year and most of them were pretty decent but I really don't feel like spending a ton of $$$ on film and developing this time around.  

Charlie, I still wanna take you up on your offer to take my camcorder along for a ride with me chasing you.
NH, I'll bring you a roll of Fuji ProviaF 100 slide film if you'll shoot it!

What 35 system do you use? Nikon F? canon eos? canon FD? Minolta? If its Canon, I have a canon eos mount body, you can just throw your lens on it and shoot, two camera bodies are better than one!

And i will definitly be up to having a rear mounted cam on my bike... You think we can figure out a secure way to mount it? And flasher behind you, is a good, yet kinky Idea...

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ccwilli3 : Quote (nhfirefighter13 @ May 11 2003, 7:33pm)If anyone is interested bring a roll or two of 35mm film (iso 100 or 400-up to you) and I'll get some pics of you on the track. This offer is mainly for the Int/Advanced people as I plan on being out in the Beginner group for most of the time but I imagine that I'll probably be sitting some of mine out as I intend on letting Bubba use my bike for a bit.

NH, I'll bring you a roll of Fuji ProviaF 100 slide film if you'll shoot it!

What 35 system do you use?  Nikon F?  canon eos?  canon FD?  Minolta?  If its Canon, I have a canon eos mount body, you can just throw your lens on it and shoot, two camera bodies are better than one!  

And i will definitly be up to having a rear mounted cam on my bike...  You think we can figure out a secure way to mount it?  And flasher behind you, is a good, yet kinky Idea...
You bring it and I'll shoot it.
I use a Nikon, unfortunately, although if you like I can also use your camera if you prefer. What kind of lenses do you have? I like my 70-300mm for this sort of thing.
Securing the corder to the bike...hmmmmm. We'll think of sumthin...Duct tape comes to mind.

TraumaOne, Bring a roll or two and I'll get ya.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I'm working on a professional photographer who used to be the main person at this track. I'll let all of you know soon if she is commited to the whole event. She does a nice job!

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
smkeatr : I'm working on a professional photographer who used to be the main person at this track.  I'll let all of you know soon if she is commited to the whole event.  She does a nice job!
That would be fantastic!!! I've got to prove to the yahoos that I work with that I actually went to th track.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
smkeatr : I'm working on a professional photographer who used to be the main person at this track.  I'll let all of you know soon if she is commited to the whole event.  She does a nice job!
Well since smk brought it up, it may as well be public...

The photgrapher I had initially had to cancel due to an event close to our event, then I was advised to 'use the one the track has' so I decided to go that route as it seemed like the thing to do...

Now I am learning that things have not been so reliable with that setup, so smkeatr is trying to hook us up now... She does all digital stuff, but its unknown yet if she does CDs.

As he said, smk will find out all the details and let us know...

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
nhfirefighter13 : You bring it and I'll shoot it.
I use a Nikon, unfortunately, although if you like I can also use your camera if you prefer. What kind of lenses do you have? I like my 70-300mm for this sort of thing.
Securing the corder to the bike...hmmmmm. We'll think of sumthin...Duct tape comes to mind.
I was thinking Duct tape too...

I'll just give you the film NH... It should be sunny or at least bright, so that should be good for 100 speed slide film... I'll probably give you one of each, slide and print, just to be safe... Just burn it up at will, I'll have it developed and we'll see what we get, no worries. The grattan shots were awesome...

I only have a 28-70 f/2.8 lens... Its big and heavy and looks like a long telephoto because it'll open to F2.8, but unfortunately, it won't...

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Charlie, I have an EOS ElanII with a 75-300 lens, but wasn't planning on bringing it as I will have the DV camera and digital still camera. Probably nh's camera will be sufficient to shoot the pictures we need. I'd also be happy to return the favor and shoot a roll or two of nh... whatever works.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Damn, this place is loaded with shutterbugs! Here I am thinking I am the only one!

Okay, I admit it, I have track fever right now!  

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
TraumaOne : Yahoooooo!!!!

I actually got nervous about it today....
as long as you aren't 'on the can' nervous, you'll be good!

And as far as proving to your co-workers, I know what you mean... I have a few pics from roebling road up outside my cubicle at work and member 'quikmike' says I'm an asshole for putting them up and I'm just looking for attention! I tell him he's just upset his bike is blue! :smilesex:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
TraumaOne : Charlie, I have an EOS ElanII with a 75-300 lens, but wasn't planning on bringing it as I will have the DV camera and digital still camera.  Probably nh's camera will be sufficient to shoot the pictures we need.  I'd also be happy to return the favor and shoot a roll or two of nh...  whatever works.
Same camera I have!!!

I want either an EOS 3 or a second hand 1V, or go straight to a 1D, but I wanna get the glass I want first!

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I need photos and video so people that think I'm only crazy know I am nuts

I want to get the D60 or whatever the newest oneis.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts