Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another one for Rossi, I think they said this was his 52nd win in GP or was it 53rd All I know is that guy was way, way out in front.

Race Results:

1 V. Rossi Honda ITA 46' 50.345
2 M. Biaggi Honda ITA +6.333
3 T. Bayliss Ducati AUS +12.077
4 T. Ukawa Honda JPN +16.186
5 A. Barros Yamaha BRA +18.630
6 M. Tamada Honda JPN +24.153
7 J. Hopkins Suzuki USA +30.959
8 S. Nakano Yamaha JPN +31.218
9 N. Aoki Proton KR JPN +36.002
10 O. Jacque Yamaha FRA +37.566
11 N. Haga Aprilia JPN +43.753
12 J. McWilliams Proton KR GBR +43.894
13 K. Roberts Suzuki USA +48.891
14 C. Edwards Aprilia USA +52.128
15 A. Pitt Kawasaki AUS +1' 8.179
16 A. Hofmann Kawasaki GER +1' 8.372
17 M. Melandri Yamaha ITA +1' 31.010
18 G. McCoy Kawasaki AUS +1 lap(s)

Championship standings MotoGP

1 Valentino Rossi Honda ITA 70
2 Max Biaggi Honda ITA 56
3 Troy Bayliss Ducati AUS 40
4 Sete Gibernau Honda ESP 38
5 Alex Barros Yamaha BRA 30
6 Tohru Ukawa Honda JPN 23
7 Shinya Nakano Yamaha JPN 20
8 Nicky Hayden Honda USA 18
9 Loris Capirossi Ducati ITA 16
10 John Hopkins Suzuki USA 15
11 Norick Abe Yamaha JPN 13
12 Carlos Checa Yamaha ESP 13
13 Olivier Jacque Yamaha FRA 13
14 Colin Edwards Aprilia USA 12
15 Makato Tamada Honda JPN 12

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
the race before it was MUCHO better. the one where the spainard won

·
Registered
469 Posts
yeah, the 250 race was awesome. Unfortunately the MotoGP race was another yawner. Although watching Capirossi, Rossi, and even Bayless smokin it up coming out of that one left hander was awesome. I'm extremely impressed with both Ducati and Bayless. Hope Nicky's OK. I would have liked to seen him walk off under his own power.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I'm surprised caparossi lasted as long as he did, the way he was smoking that back tyre in the first few laps, think he must have been practicing for a burnout comp, and what about that slide Rossi did on the left hander on the last lap, sitting upright looking over to the crowd while the bike had the arse end hanging out and drifting.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ratter1 : and what about that slide Rossi did on the left hander on the last lap, sitting upright looking over to the crowd while the bike had the arse end hanging out and drifting.
That made the race for me. That guy is just disgustingly good. What about the standup across the finish line? It was an awesome race for me

·
Registered
595 Posts
I always thought Rossi was an awesome rider, but I knew he had the best ride. He always won by such a large margin, and made it look so easy, that I did have a very small doubt that he was the best.

After watching this guy do his thing over the last year and a half, I have come to the conclusion that he operates on a different level of riding than everyone else. He doesn't make it look easy because he is on the fastest bike. He is doing things on that bike that no other rider can do as well or as consistently as him. He is doing the unbelievable AND making it look easy. Rossi is the best motorcycle rider I have ever seen! Words don't do him justice. He's the perfect riding machine.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Any word on Nicky's condition?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
RacerCutie : Quote (Baketech @ May 11 2003, 8:14pm)Any word on Nicky's condition?
Anyone catch Nicky's crash? I don't think it was shown.
Was was with all the crashes? I don't remember seeing so many at GP.

No, but I saw them carry him off in an arm seat....looked like he had some sort of injury, but the MGP sheet says 'Rider OK'....

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
booth23 : Quote (ratter1 @ May 11 2003, 5:47pm)and what about that slide Rossi did on the left hander on the last lap, sitting upright looking over to the crowd while the bike had the arse end hanging out and drifting.
That made the race for me.  That guy is just disgustingly good.  What about the standup across the finish line?  It was an awesome race for me
Yeah, standing on the seat as well, what a

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I missed the motogP race, but was home in time for the 250's (they show the race delayed here, with the main race at about 11:30pm - then the 250's, then the 125's)

I saw the last 10 laps of the 150's - damn, that has to be one of the best last 4 laps I have ever seen. I couldn't turn it off and I had to be up for work in 4 hours..

Z...

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Baketech : Any word on Nicky's condition?
From his website:

Quote The American was on a charge and had worked his way up to 14th by lap eight of the 27-lap race. He was challenging fellow American, Colin Edwards for 13th slot when he parted company with his Honda RC211V and his third MotoGP race was sadly cut shot. He escaped with bruising.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Haven't seen the race. Couldn't stay away from the spoiler. Had to know who won.

GO ROSSI!!!!

What's up with SpeedTV. They are re-airing it tomorrow @ 4pm? They usually re-air the races in the evening so working folk like me can catch the race. Guess I'll be bolting from work early to catch the race.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Not much, but a bit more....

Nicky Hayden
Repsol Honda: dnf
'I'm really pretty disappointed because after a difficult couple of qualifying days we actually had the bike going quite good. My start was not so great and in all the jockeying for position in the first corner I got knocked by someone and my whole brake lever system got twisted round. I then out-braked myself and managed to get sorted and got into quite a good rhythm and began to work my way forward. I caught up a good group and picked up a few places and then felt the engine slow a little. I fell off pretty quick - not really too sure what happened - all I do know is I'm disappointed as I knew I was going to finish higher and I'm aching a bit now - it was a fast place to fall.'

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Rossi's father was in attendance, wonder if that was even more of an incentive (not that he would need any).  The slides were great, the standing on the seat wheelie w/camera view was too cool, and his regular stand up wheelie w/camera view was awsome as well.  What did you think about him tossing his Italian flag?  Apparently it was too awkward to ride around with, but to just pitch it on to the track?

Rossi is the best, without question  

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I know I feel that way about Rainey and Doohan. I hope that with all this talent now in MotoGP, unlike the past five years, the racing will be as exciting as the late eighties/early nineties. Unfortunately, We'll never see Rainey or Doohan race again, but Rossi is just about as good, and he adds the squidly flair that didn't much exist back then. He's fun to watch, now we need to get the rest of the field up there - which will happen.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
tigerblade : I think years from now we'll be glad that we were around to witness this guy.

If I remember right, he wasn't even to the finish line when he started doing this! Crazy Style!!! The only thing I was nervous about was him dumping it all alone out there for 3/4 of the race, slides, etc. Great picture post tigerblade!

·
Registered
595 Posts
That's a great pic of that squid!

Why can't I do that?!

Oh, that's right, because I suck!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts