Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 1993 900rr jerks like the chain has slap in it when you shift and gas, shift and gas, shift and................... you get the idea. Ive checked the chain tension and it is great. Can anyone else come up with anything else. Could it be throttle slap?

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
So my 1993 900rr jerks like the chain has slap in it when you shift and gas, shift and gas, shift and................... you get the idea. Ive checked the chain tension and it is great. Can anyone else come up with anything else. Could it be throttle slap?
Has it just started doing this?
Are you using the clutch?
Worn cushdrive perhaps?

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
The cushdrive!!! Thats what I was thinkin! Thats on the rear wheel between the sproket rite!? And yes, im using the clutch ( not being a smartass in my answer, total respect mate)
:)
I asked because I see way too many riders that can't get their clutch use timed correctly.
Yes, the cushdrive is several rubber pieces that isolate the sprocket carrier from the wheel.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I dont know if they have ever been changed. this bike has not been well cared for.Think i'll change them just to be safe. Thanks again!
They should be fine but I have seen the occasional rooted ones.
Any damage will be obvious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.