Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's been a hell of a year for me... My wife left, had to sell the house and now I'm loosing my job... That's not so bad, I have another one waiting (a job ) Before beginning that new job I think I'm going to go for a trip down South to ride the 929 before the winter. I really need a few days away from here to have some fun and think a bit....

So here's the question, where should I reallllllly go that time of year for a real nice bike ride. I'm in Quebec, so California is not an option, But I'm willing to go as far as Florida. I was thinking the Tail of the Dragon I am planning to leave in 2 or 3 weeks.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Yep... gotta hit the Gap and its surroundings. If you're willing to go as far down as FL, might as well take a ride to Key West, then the Everglades.

There are plenty of us org'ers enroute, so free/cheap accomodations ought to be easy to comy by. I, for one, welcome you to spend time in Charleston, SC.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2OHOH2954 : Yep... gotta hit the Gap and its surroundings. If you're willing to go as far down as FL, might as well take a ride to Key West, then the Everglades.

There are plenty of us org'ers enroute, so free/cheap accomodations ought to be easy to comy by. I, for one, welcome you to spend time in Charleston, SC.
Thanks! 2OHOH2954 I might be in for the free/cheap accomodation

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'll offer that up too, Huntsville Al is pretty south, but if your heading to flordia via the Gap it might be a good pitstop.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, Looks like I'm going to go for the dragon tail... I will maybe leave thin Sunday. I'm guessing around 20 hours to get to the Dragon by the 81,so I should be there on Monday night. I plan to ride the region 2 or 3 days, and come back by another road.. Witch I don't know yet. If some of you have anything to suggest about place to ride over there, or special road to get there, let me know. And if there is some of you who are in the area and have some time to ride let me know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts