Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im having Problems with my Fireblade 919. When running on ANY gear once the RPMs get to 6-7 RPMs it bogs on me and it hesitates to pass the RPMs, but after passing 7 RPM goes back to normal and runs smooth again, i have installed a Filter, has a K&N, and Exhaust it has a Jardine Full Exhaust.

ok so knowing that i NEED to rejet my carbs, but what sizes do i need.? or kits.?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
None of us could for sure tell you what jet sizes you need. You would be best off experimenting, and more so in a controlled environment. So if you could get on a dyno, and monitor your a/f then you would probably be best off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
man i'm working on the same issue on my f2... starting to piss me off, cept its worse. i hesitate and bog at WOT 1-4k, 9-14k, and wheelie time... I rejetted and it made it a lil better so now i'm hoping a carb synch fixes everything but if not, looks like the cars get to be rejjeted... effin again

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
wot at 1-4k rpm... When do you ever need to go WOT at 1-4k rpm?

I never ride below 5krpm..

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
man i'm working on the same issue on my f2... starting to piss me off, cept its worse. i hesitate and bog at WOT 1-4k, 9-14k, and wheelie time... I rejetted and it made it a lil better so now i'm hoping a carb synch fixes everything but if not, looks like the cars get to be rejjeted... effin again

It will most definately bog under hard throttle at low rpm. You are not doing the engine any favours doing that to it.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hey guys im having Problems with my Fireblade 919. When running on ANY gear once the RPMs get to 6-7 RPMs it bogs on me and it hesitates to pass the RPMs, but after passing 7 RPM goes back to normal and runs smooth again, i have installed a Filter, has a K&N, and Exhaust it has a Jardine Full Exhaust.

ok so knowing that i NEED to rejet my carbs, but what sizes do i need.? or kits.?

What jets are in there now?
You jet according to what the engine is telling you it needs, not by asking people that haven't seen, heard or ridden the bike.
Does it bog when you cruise through that rev range or only under hard throttle?

Reactions: sidmarklong

·
Banned
681 Posts
30 views and no help.? these forums are lacking.
Catch more flies with honey than vinegar is just a myth. :evilaugh:

http://www.sublimepowersports.com/products/96%252d97-Honda-CBR900RR-Dynojet-Carburetor-Jet-Kit-1170.html

It's more than jets, you want the stock springs out of the carbs too, so you transition faster and feel the punch. Why get cheap now and not see the potential? Lots cheaper than that pipe you put on, right? Stage 1 is what you want. Even comes with decals. # 100, # 102 might be right, might not, I only had 1200cc bikes modified.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Banned
681 Posts
Many so called experienced "street riders at the local bar" said changing to a 15T sprocket from a 16T will reduce top end speed as a compromise to a faster launch. That's the myth. Sorry, I thought you could read my mind there for a minute.

Well, I wanted the faster launch and figured +/-500rpm change was miniscule anyway. It was a lot more fun light to light, and as a bonus the top end on my 1200cc bike was about 5-10 mph higher than it was with the 16T sprocket. I played with jets from 98-117, the bike never hit redline in top gear playing with jets, pipes, airbox, cams, even dropped handle bars to kiss the tank easier while in 5th gear. After some wobble at 145 mph (indicated), bearing noise in 3rd-4th gear, going through chains and tires at a rapid rate, I decided to sell it, extend my life and drivers license, and ride a bike that doesn't tease me for speeding as much. It's so boring now though, I'm on here instead :stirpot: than riding as much.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Many so called experienced "street riders at the local bar" said changing to a 15T sprocket from a 16T will reduce top end speed as a compromise to a faster launch. That's the myth. Sorry, I thought you could read my mind there for a minute.

Well, I wanted the faster launch and figured +/-500rpm change was miniscule anyway. It was a lot more fun light to light, and as a bonus the top end on my 1200cc bike was about 5-10 mph higher than it was with the 16T sprocket. I played with jets from 98-117, the bike never hit redline in top gear playing with jets, pipes, airbox, cams, even dropped handle bars to kiss the tank easier while in 5th gear. After some wobble at 145 mph (indicated), bearing noise in 3rd-4th gear, going through chains and tires at a rapid rate, I decided to sell it, extend my life and drivers license, and ride a bike that doesn't tease me for speeding as much. It's so boring now though, I'm on here instead :stirpot: than riding as much.

Sounds plausible for a cruiser. Never seen such a result on a sportsbike though. I assume your bike gets its speedo reading from the front wheel?

·
Banned
681 Posts
It was a 03 Suzuki Bandit 1200cc (naked), rear wheel speedo, so indicated is inaccurate,
but AFTER I calculated the change, I was still faster by 5-10mph and I had 1000-1500rpm left before redline when it seemed to top out. If I had a sleek fairing (from tupperware), it would have done better perhaps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What jets are in there now?
You jet according to what the engine is telling you it needs, not by asking people that haven't seen, heard or ridden the bike.
Does it bog when you cruise through that rev range or only under hard throttle?
It only bogs on hard throttle, but weird i ALWAYS put Unleaded plus for gas, and today my friend filled up my tank with Regular. took it for a spin, and now theres no more bogging at all... whats up with the bike.?

as far as the jets in there now, im guessing there the stock ones never done any changes to that.

·
Banned
681 Posts
:huh: -1 and higher top end???? guess id have to witness that 1!!!!
whatever you're doing, please share it with me, I like to learn many new things too.
:rotfl::rotfl:
Naturally a fireblade and what I changed, may yield different results, also different results from let's say a Hayabusa, but I do know my bandit 1200 never reached redline with the stock gear. Many bikes do not. Adding a larger jet, pipe, K&N, and gear change (-1), each change helped it reach a new high peak. The most noticeable was the gear change at the end.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It only bogs on hard throttle, but weird i ALWAYS put Unleaded plus for gas, and today my friend filled up my tank with Regular. took it for a spin, and now theres no more bogging at all... whats up with the bike.?

as far as the jets in there now, im guessing there the stock ones never done any changes to that.
Speaking of myths dispelled, BUY THE OCTANE YOUR BIKE IS TUNED FOR, if the manual says 87 and its stock, buy 87. Higher octane fuel will only hurt its performance. (unless its tuned for it)

·
Banned
681 Posts
Speaking of myths dispelled, BUY THE OCTANE YOUR BIKE IS TUNED FOR, if the manual says 87 and its stock, buy 87. Higher octane fuel will only hurt its performance. (unless its tuned for it)
Little to no detrimental effects of having more octane, only less. The only down side is you threw away your money and didn't benefit from it, but the engine will never give you less performance from increases in pump rated octane.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts