Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
We have one next to our work. One of them went postal a few years back taking out 17 people if I remember right. Not too long ago, most people in this small town spoke English. Interesting how our society has changed in the last 30 years.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Not too long ago, most people in this small town spoke English. Interesting how our society has changed in the last 30 years.

Yeah, you're right. And if you look further back is changed even more:rant: .
Remember when everybody spoke Cherokee? Those were the days... :help: Now everything keeps changing on us:door:. Kinda scary isn't it?:doh:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The problem keeps getting mis-stated by the press. Here is how it should be said. "Illegals are getting jobs employers won't pay American wages for."

Where I live, when the house building market was at its peek, you couldn't find a non-hispanic (and probably no U.S. citizens) at a construction site. And those were all jobs sought after by many people I knew. But the employers for those jobs (mostly large construction companies) wouldn't even take skilled U.S. licensed tradesmen for any of those construction jobs.

How are Americans, living by the rules of law, paying taxes, expecting some health benefits, supposed to compete with illegals who are willing to work for next to nothing, mostly cash under the table, no benefits and unwilling or unable to complain about their employment?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
The problem keeps getting mis-stated by the press. Here is how it should be said. "Illegals are getting jobs employers won't pay American wages for."

Where I live, when the house building market was at its peek, you couldn't find a non-hispanic (and probably no U.S. citizens) at a construction site. And those were all jobs sought after by many people I knew. But the employers for those jobs (mostly large construction companies) wouldn't even take skilled U.S. licensed tradesmen for any of those construction jobs.

How are Americans, living by the rules of law, paying taxes, expecting some health benefits, supposed to compete with illegals who are willing to work for next to nothing, mostly cash under the table, no benefits and unwilling or unable to complain about their employment?
Holy Crap Jaim !!!!!!!!!!!! You just made sense and didn't piss me off while trying to do it. :eek:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

:plus1: Well said! I think that is the root of the problem too.
Next question, will the product consumers (homes, whatever) support the additional dollar cost to the bottom line that using a legitimate work force will add?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Next question, will the product consumers (homes, whatever) support the additional dollar cost to the bottom line that using a legitimate work force will add?
This is also where a misconception lies. Why would products cost more? Passing the cost onto the consumer is only because those making a profit on the products won't take less profit for their products. It seems a lot of the problem stems from unbridled greed. Stocks must show increases each quarter, executives "must" be paid more each year, and so it goes. So instead of halting the money drain in those areas, prices are raised. This is a simplistic view and there are many more variables in this equation but saying that prices automatically have to go up because workers would be getting real wages and benefits is not completely accurate and only fuels the false argument for illegals.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Illegal aliens depress wages for the lower classes. The better wages will more than offset the added costs. The upper class on the other hand will have to start paying fair wages for their maids or learn to clean toilets. Sucks when your slave escapes (oops I mean illegal alien) doesn't it Mr. Hollyweird liberal :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
This is also where a misconception lies. Why would products cost more? Passing the cost onto the consumer is only because those making a profit on the products won't take less profit for their products. It seems a lot of the problem stems from unbridled greed. Stocks must show increases each quarter, executives "must" be paid more each year, and so it goes. So instead of halting the money drain in those areas, prices are raised. This is a simplistic view and there are many more variables in this equation but saying that prices automatically have to go up because workers would be getting real wages and benefits is not completely accurate and only fuels the false argument for illegals.
I am not saying prices will automatically go up because workers will be getting real wages and benefits, but the reality is that they will. You are right, the corporate fat cats should take more of a financial hit to make the workers lives better, but we know how that will go...
I see a different market in my area in the housing industry. There are plenty of small builders who have to meet the sometimes unrealistic low prices consumers want. Yes they can lower their profit margins, but in a lot of cases not much. The mean home price will go up if no illegals are used.
I read something once that Conrad Hilton wrote, "The seller is entitled to make a profit, the buyer is entitled to a fair price. Somewhere in the middle is the going rate." As best as I can remember, anyway.
Would be nice if everyone involved could play by those rules without the greed factor. "If only..."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts