Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Very nice write up... I will do his class one of these days...I need to sell a kid or two. Now if you weren't so stingy and showed me some lines! lmao You were looking great out there man!
The line-showing session was on Sunday. :rasp: :rotfl:

Yeah, and I learned my lesson on that, too! On Sunday I showed lines to BDA116, Phobe, and SPEED, only to have them kick my butt with them on Monday! :rant: :smilebig:

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
The line-showing session was on Sunday. :rasp: :rotfl:
:rant: :rant: My fam better appreciate my sacrifices.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yeah, and I learned my lesson on that, too! On Sunday I showed lines to BDA116, Phobe, and SPEED, only to have them kick my butt with them on Monday! :rant: :smilebig:
You needn't worry in this case..:rotfl:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
If only you weren't on a slow, overweight and underpowered bike.
A slow, overweight and underpowered bike that is tough to chase down on a fast 4.5 mile track while aboard a 600RR. Not quite as hard as the 1000RR, but still fast enough to break the draft towards the end of a 3500 foot straight, especially with The Whip as a pilot. :nod:

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey bwhip - thanks for the novella...

i sighned up for the class a couple months ago after doing a little research on the top US track schools (im in ontario, canada), but to be honest the reason i picked freddie's was because he had a 3 day course in Oct. and that worked with my schedule.

as the date approaches i was thinking "is this the best use of my 3g's? am i really going to learn anything? is freddie even there or is this some tourist school just using his name?"

a few google searches later and i found your level I and II write ups and your detailed descriptions and information confirmed for me that this was indeed worth the time, effort and cost.

thanks for putting my mind to rest and i am even more fired up now to hit the track in vegas. i am a big believer in making investments in education and technique before wasting money making my bike mechanically faster to make up for my lack of ability...

gracias, and keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
hey bwhip - thanks for the novella...

i sighned up for the class a couple months ago after doing a little research on the top US track schools (im in ontario, canada), but to be honest the reason i picked freddie's was because he had a 3 day course in Oct. and that worked with my schedule.

as the date approaches i was thinking "is this the best use of my 3g's? am i really going to learn anything? is freddie even there or is this some tourist school just using his name?"

a few google searches later and i found your level I and II write ups and your detailed descriptions and information confirmed for me that this was indeed worth the time, effort and cost.

thanks for putting my mind to rest and i am even more fired up now to hit the track in vegas. i am a big believer in making investments in education and technique before wasting money making my bike mechanically faster to make up for my lack of ability...

gracias, and keep the rubber side down!
Glad it was helpful!

Have a great time in the school (I know you will!), and say Hi to Freddie and the gang for me! :smilebig: :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thinair, I just did the school at Miller in September and I kept thinking "How can they do all this for what they charge?" It's the best money I have ever spent on my riding. The instructors often joked with the class that you could "spend a couple grand on cams which won't improve your riding or learn to take a wider exit out of the corners." Funny, but very true. I think every single student in my class showed tremendous improvement and left completely satisfied. Bwhip's write-up is great, but the actual experience is too much to really capture in words. I've already signed up again for the Pro School Dec 6-8 at Vegas. Hey Brian, why don't you come and complete the trifecta?:D

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
...but the actual experience is too much to really capture in words.
:thumb: Ain't that the truth!

...I've already signed up again for the Pro School Dec 6-8 at Vegas. Hey Brian, why don't you come and complete the trifecta?:D
Oh man, that would be so awesome. Probably have to wait until next year, though, as I've got a big 25th anniversary trip planned with Mrs. Whip in December...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh man, that would be so awesome. Probably have to wait until next year, though, as I've got a big 25th anniversary trip planned with Mrs. Whip in December...
Ahhh, you just need to play it right . . . see, my anniversary is Dec 9, so the discussion went like "Honey, for my anniversary present I could do the Spencer school that week and then you join me in Vegas for the weekend to celebrate". See what a loving and thoughtful husband I am?:rotfl:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Ahhh, you just need to play it right . . . see, my anniversary is Dec 9, so the discussion went like "Honey, for my anniversary present I could do the Spencer school that week and then you join me in Vegas for the weekend to celebrate". See what a loving and thoughtful husband I am?:rotfl:
Wow! I thought I was slick! Nice work! :nworthy2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thinair, I just did the school at Miller in September and I kept thinking "How can they do all this for what they charge?" It's the best money I have ever spent on my riding. The instructors often joked with the class that you could "spend a couple grand on cams which won't improve your riding or learn to take a wider exit out of the corners." Funny, but very true. I think every single student in my class showed tremendous improvement and left completely satisfied. Bwhip's write-up is great, but the actual experience is too much to really capture in words. I've already signed up again for the Pro School Dec 6-8 at Vegas. Hey Brian, why don't you come and complete the trifecta?:D
well the date is quickly approaching and i am so psyched - glad you liked the course - Miller is one of the tracks on my "to-ride" list for sure - maybe ill sign up for phase 2 and make sure its a date at Miller.

might even have to do a winter pilgrimage...the snow is close to flying up north here so some Utah sun and fun might be in order...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
:nworthy2: :nworthy2: :nworthy2: :nworthy2: :nworthy3: :nworthy3: :nworthy3: :nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Best article I've ever read. Much better than the ones on magazines. Worth to be published and should get a ton of money for it.
I appreciate the time and effort.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.