Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
I guess she's a regular . . Ann was in the Pro School I attended last week. We had a great time and took turns almost running over each other on the dirt bikes:) She's a smooth rider and it was a real pleasure meeting her.
So how would you compare the Pro School to Level One of the Sport Rider school? I'm assuming you did the three-day pro school, since you had some time in the dirt?

My next step will probably be Pro School, so I'm wondering how it compared...

·
Registered
13 Posts
See, believe it or not, there are really people that go to the school even more frequently than I do! :cycle:
It's definitely addictive. There were at least four students from last week who were doing it again this week:clap: Even if my wallet could take it, I don't think my body could!

The Pro School was awesome. A lot of the same drills as Level One, but more intense. For example, during the panic stop drill we were expected to do stoppies. This was a pretty fast group, although no real pros, mostly WERA national and club racers. I knew three other students from WSMC.

I'd have to say that I got just as much from this class as Level One, which was A LOT, but probably the biggest single technique was rear brake usage. I have always stayed away from it on the track, however the time on the dirt track really gave me the comfort to go back and use it on the road course. Freddie also put in a really tight chicane on the straight that gave people fits, but it really made us move around on the bike. We were filmed all three days and the dramatic improvement could be seen in each and every student. You go into the class thinking you're riding pretty good until you see all the mistakes, but probably the best thing I took away was a long list of specific areas where I can still improve. At least I know what to work on!
The Freddie Spencer school has already improved my riding more than I ever thought possible, but yes, I will be going back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This was a pretty fast group, although no real pros, mostly WERA national and club racers.
nice to hear - i was surprised by the overall lack of speed at my level 1 course - there were really only three of us that i would say were fast from the get go.

just one more example of how the "years" of riding do not necessarily translate into an understanding of bike dynamics, proper use of the controls or an understanding of what your bike is capable of.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For comparison, I would also guess that I was top three at Level I, and although I've improved since then, was barely in the middle of the 16 students at the Pro School. I think the instructors do a great job, however, of matching riders (4 per on track instructor) and varying the pace to keep everyone comfortable. One guy asked for a few slower laps from the instructor and then there were a couple of guys who asked for more open track time and got it. There seemed to be a lot more flexibility at this level and they allow students to identify areas they want to work on. I'm sure that's what keeps so many of them returning.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
It is pretty remarkable to see how many return students they have, on an ongoing basis, given the cost. Definitely a testament to how satisfied their customers are. I saw virtually everyone in each class I was in notice an amazing amount of improvement in their riding, in a short time, due to the focus and intensity of the training.

I'll be back for sure, sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is pretty remarkable to see how many return students they have, on an ongoing basis, given the cost. Definitely a testament to how satisfied their customers are. I saw virtually everyone in each class I was in notice an amazing amount of improvement in their riding, in a short time, due to the focus and intensity of the training.

I'll be back for sure, sooner rather than later.
Hey Brian, why the Pro School and not level 2 again?

101 - 113 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.