Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After buying my 01 Erion 929 from a 17 year old kid it was time to clean it up and make it sound like a monster. It had an ART can on it. After the first weekend of new brake pads, brake fluid, flapper mod, tossing the K&N, HTEV elim,an oil change, and the best clean that bike has ever had I still wanted it to sound as sweet as it rides. So the last two weeks I've been searching the Fireblades forum for folks who have cut their can and to tell you the truth I was INTIMIDATED as hell. So today I woke up and said the hell with it. Got everything I thought I needed and cut about 6-7 inches off. Cut the cap off and riveted the cap and can back together where I had made the cut. I could not stop there I am not a big fan of the titanium color look so I bought high temp flat black and applied three coats and followed the paint instructions on how to "cure" the enamel. It only took one morning from start to finish, and the bike sounds far better than I ever would have imagined. Now I cant wait to get my power commander that is hopefully on the way and get my wheels powder coated flat black with a red lip or glossy black with a red lip.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
First things first.

I think we need some pictures please :D... (Make sure you drop some in your gallery too)

Matt Black Rims with a red lip look YUM!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying having a hard time
Are the flat black wheels hard to clean I ask because I've heard that glossy is much easier to clean

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice to see another erion in the uk , certainly get second looks with the paint job. What happened to the black rims?. Try morepower racing (Canada) for your pc111, saved a bob or two and didn't take long to get here.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wrong Birmingham Floakey I live in Alabama:) The owner before thought white was a better look and made a point when I bought it how bad black wheels looked I guess thats why he doesn't ride any longer. ON your PCIII did you get it custom mapped or did you just start with the dozens of maps on power commander's website?

·
Registered
83 Posts
are your wheels painted white or are they oem white? looking for white wheels would you consider trading.

·
Registered
18 Posts
meh that poor exhaust looked so much better before you painted it. I love flat black but it looks terrible since none of that bike is flat black, it's gloss. but hey, if you like ti that's all that matters.

and you did a great job cutting it down.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wheels are painted white but it was a half ass job in the center of the wheels I would love to trade if my wheels were up to my standards. I can send you emails of the wheels close up and I chose flat black cause the frame and swingarm are the same but thanks for the compliment it turned out way easier than I expected

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Erion is a great looking bike that's why i bought mine just fell in love with her at the shop, then took her for a spin and that just sealed the deal!
:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd bought the pc111 as it was with a standard map but if you give morepower a ring with your specs they can load a map for you . Like most people will say ,a custom map is the way to go really , cost me around £140.00 for 5 hours dyno time. I did think maybe you was across the water for a moment as theres only one other erion I know over here in the uk. the white wheels are definately a no no.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The cut down can is a cool mod. I did it with my Yosh can on my 99' R1, down from 18" to 8". Loud, raw and riding buddies reported an occasional flame shooting out it as well.:eyebrows:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
meh that poor exhaust looked so much better before you painted it. I love flat black but it looks terrible since none of that bike is flat black, it's gloss. but hey, if you like ti that's all that matters.

and you did a great job cutting it down.
Look closer...the frame and swingarm on the Erion models are flat black.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got more pictures coming in about a week new rotors, lines, and I finally got my wheels finished a power commander and a few other mods.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you haven't bought your PC yet 58 Cycle has PC3r for $160 and ToBeFast.com has PC3 usb for $265. Thats about the best deals I have found for them. I ended up with the PC3r from 58 Cycle. Just got her installed this weekend. Just a heads up for a fellow rider.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts