Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering what I should use for a jumper wire to short out the service check connector.

I'm checking because I'm not sure what gauge of wire to use (or more importantly  _not_  to use).

Lastly, do you put any sort of ends on the wire or just put the bare wire ends into the connector?

TIA,

bW

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Just look at the wires that run into the plug. They're like 20 gauge or something, pretty thin. Don't worry about properly terminating the wire. You could also use a bent paper clip

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2OHOH2954 : Just look at the wires that run into the plug. They're like 20 gauge or something, pretty thin. Don't worry about properly terminating the wire. You could also use a bent paper clip
thanks ohoh2. 'preciate it....i gots paper clips abounding and willgo that route.

bushy

edit ps: und now on Sprockets is the time we dance....

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
BushrodW : Quote (2OHOH2954 @ June 18 2003, 11:47am)Just look at the wires that run into the plug. They're like 20 gauge or something, pretty thin. Don't worry about properly terminating the wire. You could also use a bent paper clip
thanks ohoh2. 'preciate it....i gots paper clips abounding and willgo that route.

bushy

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I just used a little bit of wire and tinned the ends of it so it slipped into the connnector easier.  I kept it with me at all time since the PC seeme to ignite the FI light from time to time and used the jumper to clear the codes.

EDIT: It's under the duct tape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts