Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I get a clear open patch of road and just let the 954 sing its beautiful tune I am just amazed and the power that thing has. 80 in nothing flat and that is only 1st gear, then second and thred pull just as hard. I love the dam thing and am sure glad that I purchased it. I cant wait to get the new head on it, should even pick up a little more. After I get the new head on I am going to take it and have it dyno tuned (if it is worth it). Good news is I have new fairings on the way and monday I will order a chain kit with a -1 front. Bad news is it is supposed to snow all week... I guess I picked a good week to tear into it huh.:thumbd:
Thing is I just dont want to stop riding her.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I will never forget the day I bought my 929. I had been riding snowmobiles my entire life, owned 600cc sportbikes for about twelve years, I thought I knew. When I was pulling out of the shop the owner said, "Now watch your speedometer, this isn't a baby bike." I pulled out and gave it a little gas, and I do mean a LITTLE gas and looked down and was doing 38 in a 25 zone. It blew my mind. I am glad I beat the squid out of myself years before I got the 929 or I am sure I wouldn't be able to type this now, I would be in a wheelchair or a box.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I went to pas a truck on the freeway one day. Twisted the throttle hard to get around him as it was a bit tight. After I get past I look down at the speedometer. It is reading miles per hour and showing triple digits. Truly amazing machine.

That said, I backed down immediately and learned some throttle discipline, first time I've ever needed any. The bike has not visited that velocity since. It is an amazing thing, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.