Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again jmooree30 has a problem. Seems to be a weekly thing. I went for a cruise on my lunch break at work came back and parked the bike. Came back outside about 10 minutes later and my bike was pouring gas out of a crack in the EVAP cannister(just learned what this is and that I guess I have a Californian edition). So after reading that they can be removed I looked over how everything is connected. There is two hoses that connect straight to the gas tank, not the main fuel line these two are seperate. So I yanked off those two hoses. This is where I get stumped to the max. After pulling them off no gas started coming out??!?!?!?!?!?!!? I started the bike and no gas came out of the cannister so I just rode home. So my questions are....
1. Why isn't the tank leaking, is it some sort of petcock that opens with vaccum?
2. Did I fix my problem, does pulling those two hoses eliminate the evap system?
3. When I get the energy to actually remove the whole system do i need to buy a new set of carbs from a regular model due to all the extra vaccum lines???

Thank-you, I may owe you guys my life.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,168 Posts
The EVAP system is 2 systems in one I believe.

First, it takes residual crankcase gases and recirculates the back into the air box. (Which is common on most bikes)

The canister and subsequent plumbing takes the same gases, as well as fresh air and sends it directly into the exhaust ports to dilute the spent gases coming out. Some are triggered by solenoids.

I'm not convinced the issue you have is from the gas tank. The 2 hoses you removed are 1) the overflow and 2) the vent.

Sometimes the overflow will leak if you fill up right to the bottom of the filler rim. I'm not sure if that hose gets connected to the rest of the smog control stuff.

But, as I've said before, pictures help us immensely in "seeing what you see". We can guess all day long, but unless we see what you see, it's all blind guessing.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am posting a picture now of the cannister that has a crack and was leaking gas. The gas tank was not my problem. The cracked EVAP cannister was. The hoses I unplugged went from the EVAP cannister to the tank.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been having issues with my phone loading picturtes. I'm trying to do it right now. But all the picture is anyways in the big soda can shaped EVAP cannister

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,168 Posts
EFF your phone trying to attach pics, sign up for Photobucket. It's free with an email, upload pics right from your phone on the app, then just copy the img link and post sweet pics like this (just did all this from my phone)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts