Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally found one on e-bay and won it. Come to find out I didnt do my homework first and find out it needs modifications to fit. Is there anywhere I can buy the bracket alone? Also I need to repaint the cowl for the 00 color.

Anyone that has an 00 cowl and want to trade me? :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Don't worry the 01 will fit fine, rigging it up is easy try it like this just a piece of flat bar and some spacers a little drilling and your done like dinner....

Attachments

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Don't worry the 01 will fit fine, rigging it up is easy try it like this just a piece of flat bar and some spacers a little drilling and your done like dinner....

so yours is a 2000 with a 2001 cowl? the 2001 seat bracket looks just like the one in your pic. both years use the same part.

·
Registered
240 Posts
so yours is a 2000 with a 2001 cowl? the 2001 seat bracket looks just like the one in your pic. both years use the same part.

Seat cowl is from a 2001 but the bracket is only a piece of aluminum flat bar and some spacers I had kicking around literally took me 30 min. to fab up and fit.

Just took a little time to space out the cowl so it didn't rub on the cowling on the up swing......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the mounting bracket on the cowl is a bit bigger than the 00's needed. About 1/2 inch longer then needed. Plus the color is way off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts