Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rob at Devilbikes.com is the MAN! He is the MAN! I am telling you, if you guys want the Dussault undertail for the RC, that's where to get it!

I am will have pics as soon as I get it on! :) I went with the gloss black! :)

This is a pic of one...not mine, but mine will be the same!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Creeper said:
I ordered mine last friday. Such a beautiful tail.

Baby got BACK!! :boobies:

Hahaha! Sweet! :D I was told I will have it here Thursday or Firday! :D

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She showed up today! :evilaugh: HOLY sweetness! what a gorgous undertail :) I am going to put it on saturday! I cannot wait! :)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
well, I am going to rip in to her tomorrow...I am looking at the directions from www.turbobike.com but they are for a 2001-2002. I know they changed the undertail, so its going to be a little touch and go I guess. I will post sime pics when I am done! :)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
almost done, I was farting around with it today off and on...dude...if you have sato banzai's and a 2003+ mounting kit :crap: . The banzai's make it fit SO tight because of the sato arms that hold the pipes on. The arms crimp the undertail to the subframe SO tight. Not tight enough to break it...but tight like the first time tight. on the + side, you can take off the tail and leave the undertail in place! :) so thats a HUGE bonus! I have most everything on, just waiting for my relay from Libertek to finish it off. Then I will take LOTS of pics! :D With the relay (same one I had on my 929) I can dial in the speed of the signal flash rate. It works really well. I am hoping that it will be the same with the RC. The LEDs look great too! Bright, not as bright as the Libertek setup I had in the past on the 929, but still more then enough light is givin off.

all and all I am very pleased! A big thank you to Rob at Devilbikes for the tail! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
still no pics, I know, because I was waiting for Libertek to send me my new Flasher Relay...well it came in! AND GUESS WHAT...IT DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Here is the sticky on the turd. With the Undertail it uses LED turn signals. So I get the quick flash rate...I want to fix this, because I think the fast flash rate looks like something is wrong...well because there is. So I get the libertek relay $49.00 shipped, and I follow their directions (keep in mind I have done this on the 929 in the past) and hmm...I am not getting a blinking light at all on the relay itself. So I then try it says "your ground might be bad". Whatever, I have done this many times before (automotive wiring) but...what the hell, *SNIP* there goes all those nice splices. (shut up, I don't want to hear the "test it before you put it on" BS...I already know) Well, it does not even work the wrong way...suprise suprise...

Now I have put in a phone call to Libertek (whom I have spent well over 400 dollars in the past with) and I have to wait for a phone call from a guy that is some place in Canada. The girl there (very friendly) tells me that the relays are tested 5 times before the leave the shop, and it must be something I am doing wrong. Well, I hope it is....I hope it is. Because if it is not, I am going to have to probably eat it due to me snipping the wires shorter, and then I will have to buy a whole new one. FTD (fucthadog) I hate waiting so much for things...but now I am just here waiting on this guy to call me back. :rant: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Serial Thriller said:
How's the weather? Are you missing riding time because of this ordeal?
well, I could have rode it today, but there is some nasty sand out there. So I probably wouldn't have. My girl said the same thing..."who cares...your not riding it yet" I just have a hard time waiting, then my hopes get up...and BLA..nothing. LOL :thumbd:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
This is what has always kept me from getting one, that and the cost. Good luck SMTB's, you'll get it sorted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts