Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my forks back yesterday. I noticed some numbers on the inside of the brake calipers. One side had .90 and the other had 1.0. I e-mailed Dan and he said those are the springs rates in each of the forks. Why would he use different springs in the left and right forks?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Northy : So I got my forks back yesterday.  I noticed some numbers on the inside of the brake calipers.  One side had .90 and the other had 1.0.  I e-mailed Dan and he said those are the springs rates in each of the forks.  Why would he use different springs in the left and right forks?
To get a 'half' spring measurement...or something like that. I've heard. Common with dirtbikes.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Yeah, I think it'll be fine too...

ON a similar note... Lets say your a club racer (ie, you know more than me) and you are dialing in your forks at a very bumpy track thats new to you. Would you ever find a situation that you'd need seperate damping settings for each fork?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EatnAsphalt, your right. Dan replied and said it's the same as putting .95 spring in each side. Apparently, the .95 have been on back order for 45 days with no release date yet.

ccwilli, that's a good question. I'm mainly a street rider so I doubt I'll ever get to that point.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't know he was going to do that.  I did tell him I needed them fast so I could do a Track Day.  So he really didn't have a choice.  I rode the bike at the track yesterday and the forks were awesome.  

1 - 8 of 8 Posts