Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I finally got my new helmet. It's a new model called the Joust but anyways I'm glad I got it. The first helmet I had was the Skull Icon helmet. That thing is the biggest peice of crap I have ever owned. I think it looks cool but besides that is defintally sucks. Just thought I would share that with everyone.

S

·
0 Posts
Congrats!

So how does it feel compared to the Skull? Is it more or less quiet? Better wind resistence? Lighter or heaver?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats!

So how does it feel compared to the Skull? Is it more or less quiet? Better wind resistence? Lighter or heaver?
It's defintally lighter and there's more pads I geuss you could say in the check area and it's not as loud as the skull helmet.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I just upgraded from a RF800 to a RF1000. The RF800 was a small bit quieter and comfier but hey the RF1000 is what fits my mellon best.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I love........ well loved my RF 1000 Shoei.... when I lowsided few weeks ago, my head went BANG so now, need a new Shoei....... Here goes my allowance for the next MONTH. :hmm:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I made a similar mistake in getting a new helmet. Went with a Icon Holligan liked the fit in the store but didn't like the helmet when riding. A month later I went out and got the Shoei Joust and have been in love with it. Should have know better by now. This is mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'm on my second helmet of the year... I got the Shoei TZ-R because I couldn't afford the RF1000 after crashing in my HJC AC-12 Carbon (it was 2 weeks old). No more HJC - Shoei all the way!

Back-to-back testing w/ my buddy's RF1000: there's little difference. He gets slightly better venting but had slightly more wind noise.

·
Registered
527 Posts
had my rf-1000 for almost 3yrs. great helmet until it fell off the bike from vibration recently while i had the bike running and cracked the air foil. The helmet now whistles at higher speeds. should get a replacement air foil.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Love the Joust!

I'm considering getting the black one.

I've worn Shoei for over 10yrs and spent an hour last weekend trying on different helmets from Shoei and Arai. The Arai RX-7 was the most comfy for me, but I can't find the one I want (Nicky Laguna) for under $600 from a reputable dealer. On top of that I'd have to add the $90 shield! :eek:

Shoei seems to have the market covered in bang for the buck with the RF-1000.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I originally had a TZ-1 and a RF-800. I liked the fit and feel of the 800 better. Decided to grab a newer helmet and tried the RF-1000 on. I was fairly dissapointed. I ended up buying a X-11 instead and in my opinion the X-11 is what the RF-1000 should have been.

Either way great helmet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also have the RF1000 Nerve, It's a nice helmet for the price. I had a relative order it for me as he has his own Bike repair shop and I got it at cost plus the tax. The markup on these helmets from the dealer is criminal, My honda dealer wanted $465 for this they said they could poss. let me have it for $425 but they wouldn't be making much profit yea right. I saved $200 from my uncle and I'm sure the dealers get even a better price since they order larger volumes. So make sure they give you a good deal!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts