Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good stuff this year. The government is paying me for paying my taxes. I'm getting back around double what I paid in (state and federal). Granted its only around $800 total but I only worked for like 2.5 months.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Ummm... how is it you are getting more back than you paid?!?!?

The lowest you should be able to go is zero, a full refund.

If you are getting more than that back, I have a feeling there are some bogus numbers somewhere.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
navydevildoc said:
Ummm... how is it you are getting more back than you paid?!?!?

The lowest you should be able to go is zero, a full refund.

If you are getting more than that back, I have a feeling there are some bogus numbers somewhere.
Not if he qualifies for certain tax credits (like the earned income credit and a few others).

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure how its done but my parents have an accountant that comes every year to do them and we've never had any problems. I am claiming myself because I guess I made $300 too much for my parents to claim me. But I didn't make enough to get the school credit (the driving school I went to would have counted).

So the refund is either gonna go directly towards a new bike or maybe I'll set that aside for leathers.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
No offense.
:pointup:

CBR929RE, give your parents that money, they deserve it for not being able to claim you.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MrX954 said:
2.5 months :clap: :rotfl: Now I know what to say when I hear "You're the laziest person in the world" My answer: "Maybe 2nd I know who holds the title"
haha nice. no offense taken. Today at work I had to do something twice (I forget what it was) but I said to everyone "don't they realize I'm lazy?" Its not so much that I'm actually lazy, I just try to find the easiest way to do something.

back in high school we made a category in the year book "laziest" The kid who was would always fall asleep in class. He got a lot less lazy in college. He did a double major (after switching majors a couple times). Now he works for Congress.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
CBR929RE said:
back in high school we made a category in the year book "laziest" The kid who was would always fall asleep in class. He got a lot less lazy in college. He did a double major (after switching majors a couple times). Now he works for Congress.
Buddy wasn't lazy, he was bored.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
luvtolean said:
Buddy wasn't lazy, he was bored.
oh no he was in all honors and some AP classes. he wasn't exactly bored. he was just lazy. And actually now I remember it wasn't "most lazy" it was "most likely to fall asleep in class". but he does always say he was really lazy back then.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
CBR929RE said:
oh no he was in all honors and some AP classes. he wasn't exactly bored. he was just lazy. And actually now I remember it wasn't "most lazy" it was "most likely to fall asleep in class". but he does always say he was really lazy back then.
L2L is right, thats bordem, I know I was "that guy" in high school.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I did mine hammered at 4am. I didn'
t make any mistakes except live in california. i have to pay this fracken state every year!

Oh well at least i don't owe the feds this year:smilebig::deadhors:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Refund, what the hell is that? :idunno: I gotta fork over more than $5k to Uncle Sam. :patriot::crap: Damn social security.:thumbd:

·
Registered
637 Posts
MrX954 said:
L2L is right, thats bordem, I know I was "that guy" in high school.
I'm that guy in college now. My chem teacher has been advertising me as her "Best student who ever sleept through lecture." The chem is easy and I just start to nod off when she starts going through all the algebra. I find my back protector actually makes those chairs more comfortable to stretch out in.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Here's some free advice (worth what you paid for it;)) for those getting back a big refund: don't let Uncle Sam keep your money all year at no interest. I try to adjust mine as close to break even as I can, and if I owe a little I take it from an account that has been earning interest from the extra money not with-held from my paychecks all year. Sure, it's fun to get a refund check, but it's your money that the government is giving back to you (except for credits as abtech mentioned).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts