Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a speedohealer and a new 15 tooth sprocket

so far, i like the shorter gearing but was hoping for more so i splurged for a 15/45 setup with afam steel front and a workslite afam alloy rear with DIDerv3.

wondering how many miles most are seeing out of the rear sprocket.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I've got well over 10k on mine. Steel front (they don't come in aluminum) and an aluminum rear. 15/44 gearing. That or what you ordered are perfect gearing for our bikes, you'll love it!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've got about 10000kms on my Renthal aluminum sprocket. What will really make a difference is keeping your chain clean, lubed, and properly tensioned. I clean and lube mine every 500km directly after a ride. The chain will soak up lube better when it is warm.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow! i must be insanely anal retentive...i both clean and lube my chain every week! But, in my stupid defense, it does rain down here a lot. its the caribbean!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was kind of wondering the same thing, I just installed my 520 kit with 15/46. I havent got to ride and test it out yet but I hope it lasts a while.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Dude, I was lucky if I got 4500 Miles out of a rear ALU sprocket on my RC51, no matter what brand. That's with only 130 RWHP. I got sick of buying new ones with every rear tire change, and finally got me a Tri-metal sprocket. Can't comment on the life of that one though as I sold the bike shortly there after. It sold be just as long as steel(because of the steel teeth). And I rode it like I stole it also...

·
Registered
263 Posts
In my head a twin should put a bit more strain on a sprocket than a i-4, considering the stronger power pulses?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Yeah, how you ride can affect the life of an aluminum sprocket. Not that that's a bad thing! See how it goes, Shakey. If it wears out quicker than you'd like, go back to steel for the next set. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts