Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i must say that Alex over at dan kyle racing was very helpful and was very polite. i would recommend them time and time again. i hope i made a good choice in damper though...

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I'm sure you will be pleased w/the Scotts. I bought the Ohlins but I think it really comes down to which type looks better in your eyes, the rotary style (Scotts) or the linear/piston style (Ohlins). Either way, it is a great safety mod

·
Registered
272 Posts
Bacchus : I'm sure you will be pleased w/the Scotts.  I bought the Ohlins but I think it really comes down to which type looks better in your eyes, the rotary style (Scotts) or the linear/piston style (Ohlins).  Either way, it is a great safety mod  
agreed....

linear looks better!!! IMO

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had the Scott's on my last bike, Ohlins on this one. Both work well, and either one is a good choice.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i got it, i put it on, but there are no torque specs for the scotts hardware. i did the stem nut at 76ft/lbs as in the book and i just guessed that the other four bolts should be at 15 ft/lbs. does that sound ok?? and i haven't riden it yet but it doesn't feel much different.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
jerseydrew : ok i got it, i put it on, but there are no torque specs for the scotts hardware. i did the stem nut at 76ft/lbs as in the book and i just guessed that the other four bolts should be at 15 ft/lbs. does that sound ok?? and i haven't riden it yet but it doesn't feel much different.
Ideally, you'll never 'feel' it working hard, maybe experiencing a rattle in the bars at the most. It's a thankless function, one that should be transparent to the rider. It's the riders without them that come to the conclusion that they should've had a damper after the damage is done.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
...you should have gone with the Ohlins....

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Did you just mount it as it came out of the box? I.E., adjusted from the factory? Read your instructions and play with the settings. Eventually you will come up with an adjustment that you are comfortable with. I kept cranking up the clicks until I could barely feel resistance while sitting on the bike - I think I'm at around 12 or 13. My Ohlins has, I think, 19 clicks of adjustment. Not familiar w/the Scotts, but play around some - you should definitely feel a difference while riding as you crank up the resistance .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts