Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
How much were they selling it for?

It's a bold move buying a 12-year-old bike at a high price when so many newer bikes are only a few thousand dearer. While many Hondas are 'collectible', you might find that if you do decide to trade up to something else in the short term, you could lose a lot of money.

Certainly not trying to discourage you (I had the 2011 version and loved it!!) merely trying to show that there might be alternatives with, say, a 2014 - 16 model.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[QUOTE="Stonemountain, post: 1699360497, member: 106790
Even considering this is essentially a "new" 2008? I've researched the year/model and 7k is on par with most I see for sale.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
I'm feeling a bit guilty that I might have ignited a 'debate' over bike values. Certainly wasn't my intention, and no mind is better than the one looking at, and evaluating, current markets.

I have paid more than market value for some of my bikes, so I am not really one to talk about representative values and comparisons between years. I should have put my thinking head on before making my earlier post, because in the final analysis, we buy want we want because it satisfies our craving, stirs emotion, and tantalises the soul. (y)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Nice find - why would someone bother to fit Full Yoshi system with power commander and then only do 670 miles?!?! Enjoy your new ride - still waiting for decent weather to go out more on mine! It snowed first thing this morning!! :(

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Nice find - why would someone bother to fit Full Yoshi system with power commander and then only do 670 miles?!?! Enjoy your new ride - still waiting for decent weather to go out more on mine! It snowed first thing this morning!! :(
Divorce?:ROFLMAO:

Some of us are impulsive when it comes to bikes. I think the true modders belong in two classes: Those who keep going and are never really satisfied, and those who achieve their ultimate modding goals and then seek to move on to a new challenge. I am sure resident authority @IanDoohan will chip in on this.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,616 Posts
I can certainly relate to “wasting” countless hours and dollars on a 2 year build and then slapping myself in the face for only riding it 6 times in a season, accumulating less than a thousand miles. And yes, a divorce will either make you sell it, or keep it instead of the house or the car 😂 (I don’t plan on experiencing that). Very cheeky you are, Nigel 😉

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I agree, it is a bit baffling as to why a 2008 only has 670 miles. I am and was skeptical, a thorough inspection reveals an absolutely showroom condition bike. I can't wait to ride her.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,616 Posts
There are some who derive just as much pleasure from owning a bike and just knowing it's there (without riding it). They might sit in lounge rooms, glass cages, dealer's exhibits etc.

A classic example is a person who does this:

View attachment 106746
Whoever that guy is.....he's nuts! Get rid of that hideous top mount sink and tap!

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Whoever that guy is.....he's nuts! Get rid of that hideous top mount sink and tap!
You might find that the tap unit was especially installed to replicate those of hospitals, thereby simplifying the hand wash procedure - most important now in view of the rampant Coronavirus (which I note you have previously chosen to downplay:)).

Alternatively, it could be a person who chooses to keep his home in the same original condition as his bikes. What disturbs me most about the pic, is that the rear end of the 'F4' cover is not pulled completely down to the floor. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts