Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SportRider was doing a write up on the 1000RR, ZX-10 this Sat at ThunderHill. Sitting on it,it fit me perfect,the dash layout is simple/really well organized. I asked, but they wouldnt let me ride it. It was really quiet and looked incredibly sweet.

It was wet out at the track so the the guys couldnt get too radical on it. But they were majorly spinning it up coming down the straight away---they said that it was definitely the "handler of the bunch"

Know I am getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay amped.:thumb:
This one was all black (no silver lowers)---looked great, but Im definitely going for the RED.

BTW---ThunderHill actually painted the "tiger stripes"---Blue and white for the Ford GT Superbowl commercial---Totally gay---I hope they paid T-Hill major bucks for it :rant:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Trackho said:
BTW---ThunderHill actually painted the "tiger stripes"---Blue and white for the Ford GT Superbowl commercial---Totally gay---I hope they paid T-Hill major bucks for it :rant:
Never been there....but I like the blue/white teeth myself..... :idunno:
EveryfrickentrackUSA has red/white.....yawn...

Probably harder to take for you locals....it always sucks when they mess with your chit...

Ymmv....

·
Registered
735 Posts
I sat on it too!
It's amazingly light and compact. The tester was pretty excited about it saying that the suspension is forgiving, handling smooth.
My hubby kept pointing to it trying to say that I've had my 929 for a while and that I should start thinking of a new bike.....
(If anything, I'd probably get a 600RR, and not the 1000).
Beautiful bike.

It was nice to see you at the track, Jeff! Did you see us in "A" for a bit - you would've passes us! :D
We were on the waiting list for Sunday and we ended up leaving that morning (knew it was going to rain all day).

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
RacerCutie said:
I sat on it too!
get a 600RR, and not the 1000.
Beautiful bike.

It was nice to see you at the track, Jeff! Did you see us in "A" for a bit - you would've passes us! :D
We were on the waiting list for Sunday and we ended up leaving that morning (knew it was going to rain all day).
Yep---awesome looking bike--even though the black looked cool--Im definitely getting red--Sitting on it got me way jacked-may have to actually put a desposit on one Today

I hate to say it---but from a pure looks standpoint the R1 and the ZX-10 look like BUTT--ever time I followed that blue R1---it looked like a VFR from the rear---Taz is gonna be bummed

Nope---I guess I missed you on thetrack--but it was good seeing you/hubby out there--I kinda got black flagged for 1/2 a session for doing wheelies down the straight (got bored in the wet and Gary J "made me do it")---hehehehehe :nono: :nono:

I saw you guys pulling out in the AM---prolly made the right move there was standing water on the track all day--it never dried up like on Sat---I went out for a couple of sessions after lunch but it got too hairy, even Gary left when I did---No sense pushing it in the rain

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
I sat on one at the Detroit Cycle Show on Saturday. It felt more like you were sitting in it than "on" it...very comfortable ergos for me. Definitely a sweet bike...

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I saw it Sunday at the Detroit show - it's easily trhe best looking liter bike of the 4, but for me, the clipons would be much too uncomfortable... Anyway I'll ride for the rest of my life and not be able to get close to the handling parameters of the 954

--And what's the deal with the Honda brick seats? Kawi and Suzuki have much nicer seats on their bikes...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts