Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to cycle between "A" and "B" trip modes on my 954 and it won't switch to B. Referenced the owner's manual to make sure and it says to press the left control button on the cluster. I did this and nothing happened. Is the button bad? My bike only has 350 miles on it.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Dookie said:
on the cluster. I did this and nothing happened. Is the button bad? My bike only has 350 miles on it.
"cluster" is a good choice of words by Honda, as these buttons are a "cluster phuck"! I have troubles also sometimes. You just gotta hit the sequence right - keep on keepin' on, you'll get it. I really doubt that you have any problems w/the bike.

edit: just re-read your question. Are you talking about the A and B mode, as in trip meter? If so, you simply depress the left button to switch between them. If that isn't working for you, then you may very well have a bad unit. I was talking about switching from U.S. to metric, etc.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bacchus said:
"cluster" is a good choice of words by Honda, as these buttons are a "cluster phuck"! I have troubles also sometimes. You just gotta hit the sequence right - keep on keepin' on, you'll get it. I really doubt that you have any problems w/the bike.

Well, I can hold it, and reset the mileage on trip A, but nothing else....hmmm :huh:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Try just a quick "depress" (not holding it) of the left button and see if that doesn't cause it to switch to mode B.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bacchus said:
Try just a quick "depress" (not holding it) of the left button and see if that doesn't cause it to switch to mode B.
Ok. Give me a sec...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. I figured it out...you have to hold the button for around 1/2 sec before letting go....YAY!!! :clap:

Thanks! :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts