Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if there are any major differences between the K and N filter and the BMC filter. I am installing a new exhaust and PC III and would like to at the same time install an air filter.
I currently have an 07 1000rr and I am confused on what filter to pick. Thanks:idunno:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I hear alot of my buddies with motor work go with K&N because supposedly it passes more air for bigger HP numbers. I like BMC though cause i dont have all out motorwork.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Every bit of info I have seen has shows that the K & N flows actually less air than stock and the only filter that actually shows an increase in power is the BMC race at least for the CBR 1000RR.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Every bit of info I have seen has shows that the K & N flows actually less air than stock and the only filter that actually shows an increase in power is the BMC race at least for the CBR 1000RR.
That has been shown on a flow bench and on a dyno. K&N will cost you power. A K&N only gains people power; mainly is cars because most of them have a parts bin intake system. A bike has a tuned intake system and a new filter is made for the purpose not pulling one out of the parts bin.

The DNA is as good if not better than thre BMC.

Yeah I heard BMC was also better but wanted to get some info from fellow 1000RR riders
DNA should also be in the running.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts