Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Akrapovic Full Race Exhaust and PC III for my bike. I also ordered a K&N Filter as well, but now after reading some on the web I'm torn. Anyone here that has compared the two on a 954. I'm also a little concerned after reading the 929's losing power after putting a K&N filter on rather then stock. Any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I have no comparison data but I'm happy with my BMC street filter. felt a tiny bit stronger when I put it in but I also did new plugs at the same time. now the bike has been mapped with it so I'll stick with it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I use K&N on my car and my bike. There is a wizzing sound the bike makes but that is expected. Both i do believe will give you about the same proframance. I really think on what company you want to buy from. I went with K&N and wouldnt return it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I read a lot of threads on this and went with BMC over stock in the end coz its re-usable. majority seem to think the K&N doesn't flow as well but no one has come up with any evidence (i.e. dyno chart same bike different filters) so show there is any gain or loss - it all seems to be "seat of the pants" opinion. Still bought me in to getting a BMC........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts