Discussion Starter #1
How do you clean your K&N?

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
bubba said:
How do you clean your K&N?
Linky-Do

Been a while since I cleaned one myself... but I know I didn't spring for the 'Cleaning Kit'. I'm pretty sure I just used soap & water. :idunno:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I run one in my truck - helps a lot if you have a compressor to give it a good blow job after the washing... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Bacchus said:
I run one in my truck - helps a lot if you have a compressor to give it a good blow job after the washing... :thumb:

What part of "do not used compressed air" in the directions did you not understand?? :idunno:

:D

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I figure if you use it in the "correct" direction, it is not detrimental. Enlighten me if I am wrong - seriously! :eek:

edit: Directions? What stinking directions? :p

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Bacchus said:
I figure if you use it in the "correct" direction, it is not detrimental. Enlighten me if I am wrong - seriously! :eek:

The link above, and in the documents that come with the filters and the cleaning packs, clearly state that compressed air may perforate the cotton stuff and blow larger holes in it.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
OK, point taken. Although I only gave it a "light" blow job, not full 90 psi. I will give it a visual inspection soon though. Thanks! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cbr99xx said:
Linky-Do

Been a while since I cleaned one myself... but I know I didn't spring for the 'Cleaning Kit'. I'm pretty sure I just used soap & water. :idunno:

thanks, that is what i was loking for :thumb:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bacchus said:

i was going to do the same thing :idunno: , that is why i asked

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have always used a mild clothing detergent(not as harsh as regular soap). Let dry then use the K&N spray oil(VERY LIGHT!). Let that dry and install.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
CBRBob said:
I have always used a mild clothing detergent(not as harsh as regular soap). Let dry then use the K&N spray oil(VERY LIGHT!). Let that dry and install.
Yep... I have a large (16 oz?) can of K&N's oil in my garage. That can alone is probably a lifetimes worth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts