Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rick went down today, here is his post from a local board. Let him know you are thinking about him, he banged up pretty bad, but doing OK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went out and rode with the Phoenix Sportbike Club today. I made it to Grand and Reems, before I went down. I really can't remember much, but I do remember hitting Scrappy's bike and thats about it. The next thing I remember is being loaded up on the gurney. I guess I must have passed out when I hit the ground. I don't know how long I was out, but the guys there should know. The helmet saved my life or least my face. I'll post pictures of the gear, when I get a chance. The helmet took most of the damage. The gloves are scuffed up on the hard knuckle guards. The jacket was fine with a little bit of scuffing. The pants have lite scuffing around the knees. The good thing is my knee sliders are scuffed! All I can say is wear your gear!!! I know that if I wasn't wearing my gear, I would totally be @#%$ up.

I don't know what condition the 954 is in, since I was passed out. I'll let you guys know when I find anything out.

I'm sore and banged up, but I'm alive. The hard part now is trying to talk my wife into fixing the 954 or getting a new bike. She is a little upset right now.

Rick

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Thanks Tank.

K9, sounds like you did alright, considering. Maybe the missus will hurt you more than the crash did, after you heal up enough to take a good whuppin With that much damage to you, I'd wager that the 954 is 'totaled'.

Do heal quickly, and try to piece together what happened, so it won't be repeated.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Tank69 : The hard part now is trying to talk my wife into fixing the 954
Rick

Glad you're still kicking. The challenge will be to convince your wife that your foresight and good judgement shown by wearing good gear saved your ass this time as it will the next time - plus you learned something about alertness when riding with a group.

Also, she might not be as pissed if you don't make HER fix the bike...  

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Sorry to hear of your accident K9 - hope you (and the bike) heal quickly. As for the wife, 'time heals all wounds' , or at least we hope so.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay. The bike is replaceable...(so is the wife...very expensive mod tho), YOU are not. Get better soon.

J

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sorry to hear.........heal up soon and get back out on the bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
K9 I here you loud and clear! I am glad you are O.K.
can fix or replace bike but not you.
Heal fast and hopefully time will help with the wife

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hey, thanks guys!

My neck, back, left shoulder, left hip and left knee is really sore today. It's kinda difficult to take deep breaths. No broken bones, only sore and bruised muscles.

I took the 954 down to the shop and they are pretty sure it's going to be totaled. Here is a list of damaged parts;

Front stay - bent
right rearview mirror - broken off
left rearview mirror - scratched
front fairing - major rashed
left and right side fairing - minor rashed
left and right rearset - bent
rear swingarm - dented and gouged
left clipon - bent and ground down
Front rotors - bent
Subframe - major bent
Frame - gouged
Stator cover - cracked and rashed

I ground off about 2 inches off of the frame sliders on the left side.

According to the guys I was riding with, I was knocked unconscious for about 30 to 40 minutes. They said that I landed right on my head in the face area. They also said that I tumbled for about 50 to 60 feet. All I can say is 'wear your gear!'.

Rick

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
The bike will definitely be totaled, at least using MSRPes. It should be made serviceable for $1200-1500 using a mix of eBay and Ron Ayers parts. Not too bad if you've still got your heart in it (track bike? street fighter?).

Could anyone tell you what caused it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts