Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out, Much more to see then the previous one. Still nothing that can be determined, but you can see how hard he hit. It looks like he impated right where the airfence starts and he probable hit the actual wall

Linky

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Jesus, he looked like he'd been fired out of a cannon at the left hand margin of my browser. Ugly.

A dangerous sport which serves as a good reminder to we street riders. If it can happen to him, it can damn sure happen to us.

RIP.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
That's ugly.

Sometimes I think some of the racetrack safety stuff gets a little overblown, but in this case it's pretty hard to understand why that wall is there at the end of such a high speed section.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dB : That's ugly.  

Sometimes I think some of the racetrack safety stuff gets a little overblown, but in this case it's pretty hard to understand why that wall is there at the end of such a high speed section.
Amen, I hope that track is banned until they fix it. I say Seugo is where they ought to hold the event. That track is awesome, for watching WSBK.

I agree with the other comments about the video being not too clear. I wouldn't want to see up close and personal.

On another note. I tried on the Kato replica Shoei, it's nice, probably the nicest of the new Shoei's, but I'd feel weird wearing it. Just me, I'm pretty supersticious

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Crash :
That's ugly.  

On another note.  I tried on the Kato replica Shoei, it's nice, probably the nicest of the new Shoei's, but I'd feel weird wearing it.  Just me, I'm pretty supersticious
How do you think I feel, I have to wear my Kato replica every time I ride, But I use it as a reminder of how dangerous these things can be if not treated with respect

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
ratter1 : Quote (Crash @ May 13 2003, 5:27am)
That's ugly.  

On another note.  I tried on the Kato replica Shoei, it's nice, probably the nicest of the new Shoei's, but I'd feel weird wearing it.  Just me, I'm pretty supersticious
How do you think I feel, I have to wear my Kato replica every time I ride, But I use it as a reminder of how dangerous these things can be if not treated with respect
Might be a collectable someday  I'd put it on the shelf and get something else

EDIT:  Holy cannonball batman, that is one heck of a hit!!!  Poor guy, I'm surprised he lived as long as he did with that impact

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Looked like he hit a foam block to me. Ugly crash, amazing the hit was so loud you could hear it over the crowd and engines. RIP Katoh.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
luvtolean : Looked like he hit a foam block to me.  Ugly crash, amazing the hit was so loud you could hear it over the crowd and engines.  RIP Katoh.
Yeah once you look at it a few times you can see things like his body stayed low and was thrown on the track. It's his gas tank that went flying into the fence and his bike did s few rolls. But your right hew hit the fence not the wall. But he hit sqaure on....

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yep saw that. Nasty shit to watch.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Z, coyote, did you guys try setting the video player to both versions? The .83 Mb works for me, but the 1.19 Mb gives me a blank screen.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I hope they boycott the track until it's fixed, that is uncalled for. This is professional racing, millions upon millions of dollars involved. I think they can do a hell of a lot better than that.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
coyote : bacchus how did you switch?? i've tried a cuple of things and still can't get it to work.
When you click on the 'Linky' a box appears that offers the option to 'set your video' for either the 0.83 Mb or 1.19 Mb version. Just click on 0.83 Mb or 1.19 Mb and see if either works. I also had to scroll over to the right a bit to get to the actual video field.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
ratter1 : Quote (Crash @ May 13 2003, 5:27am)
That's ugly.  

I say wear it in memorium. Kinda like wearing someone's number or initials.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts