Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN FIND OUT HOW MUCH MY BIKES WORTH? ITS A 2001 CBR 929RR, BRAND NEW PAINT JOB, POWER COMMANDER UNDERTAIL,SEAT COWL, A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT ADD-ONS. IM NOT REALLY WANTING TO SELL HER BUT IM GETTING MARRIED ON JUNE 28TH AND WOULD LIKE TO PAY OFF THE HONEYMOON. ITS JUST A LOT EASIER TO GET A LOAN FOR A BIKE THEN A PERSONAL LOAN FOR A VACATION. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, I WILL SEND PICS IF NEED BE

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Not true about the accessories. You might get less or you could get 50% of the price you paid for it. If you want the maximum money, you put the stock parts back on and sell the accessories by themselves. If you find a buyer that wants the entire package, then you are lucky.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Not true about the accessories. You might get less or you could get 50% of the price you paid for it. If you want the maximum money, you put the stock parts back on and sell the accessories by themselves. If you find a buyer that wants the entire package, then you are lucky.
yeah hes right.. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah i was going to do it, i just didnt want to take all the time to restore everything. like my undertail has to stay on, i have a stock taillight and a clear one too, that i guess ill have to throw on ebay. i was just wanting to know what you guys think a 929 with 10,300 miles goes for. kbb said around the 5,300 to 5,800 range. does that sound like a right price?

·
Registered
857 Posts
You'll probably only get around $5k. I just bought mine w/ only 5600 miles for $5k. The guy wanted $6k, but dropped down to $5,200 after 2 weeks on cycle trader and no sale. I went down and offered $5k, because I had seen how long it was on there for and got it.

There are a lot of bikes for sale here in so-cal. The reason is that everyones selling there toys to save thier houses right now(housing market peaked then dropped like a rock.) Not sure on the Situation in Florida so you might be able to get more.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh im not in Florida, im in Indiana, but im sure it not too much of a difference in price where you live. there isnt much bikes in Indiana, so maybe it will be more. i just got it completely painted about a month ago, and have riden it only 150 miles, so no scratches what so ever, will that help on the price? im sure it all just depends on the buyer.

·
Registered
857 Posts
oh im not in Florida, im in Indiana, but im sure it not too much of a difference in price where you live. there isnt much bikes in Indiana, so maybe it will be more. i just got it completely painted about a month ago, and have riden it only 150 miles, so no scratches what so ever, will that help on the price? im sure it all just depends on the buyer.
I actually I stayed away from the bikes that had custom paint jobs on them. I just wondered why did they paint it? Was It down? Or did they just want a one of a kind bike? Thats just me though. The nice shiny paint could catch thier eye and make the sale. Like you said it's all on the buyer.

Oh yeah congrats on the marriage too. :clap:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
see i've had a couple of people tell me the same thing on how they would stay away from a different paint job. the only reason i painted it was because when i bought it, it was painted like a confederate flag and i didnt want that. thanks for the congrats too, i appreciate it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
i just picked mine up yesterday mine books out at $5510 where im at, i got lucky on the find and picked it up for $3100 with gear.

01 929 11,380 miles
mods: yoshi slip, undertail and flush mounts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3,100? wow you got a steal. has it ever been wrecked? i'd go get it checked out if i were you. you cant even find a good 600 around 4-5 grand range thats been taken care of. i dont think i would take lees than 5,500 for mine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts