Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note to the socal riders: It seems the CHP is out en masse lately. Might be a good idea to keep those riding speeds at or under the limits. In the last two days riding to work, I have come across numerous CHP cars along the 5 and 14, and I counted 4 cars giving tickets as I passed on the 118. Remember, because we are bright and shiny, we get the extra scrutiny..
Fig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,203 Posts
Fig said:
Note to the socal riders: It seems the CHP is out en masse lately. Might be a good idea to keep those riding speeds at or under the limits. In the last two days riding to work, I have come across numerous CHP cars along the 5 and 14, and I counted 4 cars giving tickets as I passed on the 118. Remember, because we are bright and shiny, we get the extra scrutiny..
Fig
And the SCV sherrifs are running laser now :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saw at least 5 more chp cars on the way in today. They are looking for someone or something.. I was crusing down the 14 and was minding my own business, maintaining the speed limit when I finally realized that the white car next to me was a new chp car with the slim light bar. I know he was just waiting for me to screw up..
Fig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,203 Posts
Fig said:
Saw at least 5 more chp cars on the way in today. They are looking for someone or something.. I was crusing down the 14 and was minding my own business, maintaining the speed limit when I finally realized that the white car next to me was a new chp car with the slim light bar. I know he was just waiting for me to screw up..
Fig
Have you seen the ones, I think undercover cars, or detectives or something, the light bar is on the sun visors so you cant even see it unless they flip them down? Sneaky. :nono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
I too have been seeing the increased CHP presence on the 5 14 and 210. Every day on my way to work in Pasadena I see at least two CHP pull overs. In the evening though I don't see so many on my way home. In the SCV area seems the traffic cops are out enforce as well. Saw three pull overs today alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
Have you seen the ones, I think undercover cars, or detectives or something, the light bar is on the sun visors so you cant even see it unless they flip them down? Sneaky. :nono:
I have seen both the white Crown Victoria's without markings and what not and the almost invisible light bar and the other cars with lights in the sun visors and on the back dash. The latter vehicles I believe are detective cars. The white cars are CHP. I haven't seen the white camero's in a while though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,183 Posts
Fig said:
Remember, because we are bright and shiny, we get the extra scrutiny..
Fig
And I thought it was cause you keep riding on 1 Wheel ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
Wow, I am happy to live in Richmond, Va where the cops have to worry about murders & crime rather than busting people for speeding and minor infractions.

Did I just say there was a plus side to a high violent crime rate? :huh: :eek:

Well, I guess we all need to look for the good somewhere, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,203 Posts
Jay said:
Wow, I am happy to live in Richmond, Va where the cops have to worry about murders & crime rather than busting people for speeding and minor infractions.

Did I just say there was a plus side to a high violent crime rate? :huh: :eek:

Well, I guess we all need to look for the good somewhere, right?
Fighting crime doesnt pad the state budget...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
Fighting crime doesnt pad the state budget...
Ain't that the truth. How much do you think one traffic stop of 20 over the speed limit nets the respective township where the ticket was issued?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top