Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had to push the bike home a couple times due to the bike kept cutting out when put into first gear. I know what you might be thinking but, I have now checked out the side stand switch and clutch lever switch and every thing seems fine, and it has just done it again to me. (Thankfully outside my house, so not too far to push this time.)
I have a power commander fitted and have decided to dis-connect it, and it seemed to cure the problem, but wandering if this is just coincidence.
Could a power commander cause this problem and if it can is there a way to check the power comander unit out to see if it is a wiring issue with it etc. I was also getting the 19 code flashing which scared me a bit because this is the code for the ECU, but the code also dis-appeared when the power commander unit was unplugged.

I have checked most of the wiring loom and again a few nasties I have found I have fixed by using new connectors etc.

Just wandering if anyone else has experienced this and what they done to fix a similar problem?

·
Registered
82 Posts
if you connect the pc direct to the battery instead of earthing to the frame the pc should work fine unless its faulty.

check the battery leads are tight too as they work loose on sp's

try that and see if it improves.

hth

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done all that when i upgraded the battery to ytz14s. Even cleaned all the earth's up just in case.

Thanks for help

Gary

·
Registered
900 Posts
If the bike only cuts out when you put her in first it has too be a saftey cut out, if it was any other fault, it would cut out at other times. I know its a pain in the ass but double check your work, you may have missed something, the biggest cause of long term problems is were you dont go back and check again, good luck it might be a pain to find.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have dis-connected the power comander unit and the problem seems to have gone away. Have to try it again to make sure it's not just a coincidence.

·
Registered
900 Posts
If you look through here, you will find loads of stories of pc,s causing odd problems, dont run one myself.The question now is do you get another, also you fitted one for a reason so what problems will you have now with out it?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
pc's do cause problems for sure. usually unplugging them for a bit and disconnecting the battery will clear out issues, if it continues after you reconnect if you still get a problem it would seem you have a faulty pc

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Try reloading the map on the PC.

Other than that, it seems as you say as some sort of switch. Does it not allow you to start her when shes in gear?

You haven't got any water in the side stand switch have you?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dis-connected the power comander as I have mentioned before, and have used the bike for 2 weeks roughly now and have had no problem since.

I might try re-booting the power commander, but to be honest I think the bike seems to be running perfect and a lot smoother so maybe there always was something wrong with it for a while. The only big difference I have noticed is a slight increase in fuel use which is to be expected and mid-range 6ooo rpm the bike doesnt sound and feel as punchy as it was, but again its obviously to do with the power comander map.

Thanks Guy's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts