Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of these carbs for $300 and plan to install them this winter. wondering if anyone here has a set, and what kind of power to expect from low-mid-high rpm. the motor is otherwise stock, the only other mod I may make is some head/valve work. I hear these carbs are some tricky suckas to tune, i.e.-using bosch o2 sensor connected to a multimeter to fine tune the mixture. any input would be great.

·
Registered
162 Posts
loper said:
I picked up a set of these carbs for $300 and plan to install them this winter. wondering if anyone here has a set, and what kind of power to expect from low-mid-high rpm. the motor is otherwise stock, the only other mod I may make is some head/valve work. I hear these carbs are some tricky suckas to tune, i.e.-using bosch o2 sensor connected to a multimeter to fine tune the mixture. any input would be great.

well i have a fren running on these carbs when he bought the bike. i did ask the previous owner abt fine tuning it, he said it was kinda tricky to tune n finally had some jap engineer done for him. this thing works well with a racing CDi unit.
performance wise, it blows off the 893 n 919 with some mods- the performance is quite at par or slightly better than a 929 (but this is seen after ohlins fronts n rears, magnesium rims, 3x clamps, reworked clutch and some carbon fibre bits.)
when this is done ur low end <3.5k rpm the bike will sputter n spit around like its dying off. if ya keep moving with the low rev its gonna hurt ur plugs.
when u hit >5.5k rpm the thing will really show its extra edge. that is where other mildly tuned bikes will begin to see ur tailights.... :rant:

·
Registered
356 Posts
moron900 said:
when this is done ur low end <3.5k rpm the bike will sputter n spit around like its dying off. if ya keep moving with the low rev its gonna hurt ur plugs.
it gets even worse if you have 42mm carbs :crap:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts