Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls I managed to pick up a real bargain today an 05 blade 21k miles been standing in a garden for 2 years due to the gearbox jamming it's in need of some TLC cosmetically but the only problem is i have no keys as the guy did a runner from the house and the bike i bought it from the finance company for £300.will I have to purchase an ecu with key I'm under the impression if you dont have keys then or the tag with the number then your up the creek.any advice would be great
Thanks

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,352 Posts
Hi guys and girls I managed to pick up a real bargain today an 05 blade 21k miles been standing in a garden for 2 years due to the gearbox jamming it's in need of some TLC cosmetically but the only problem is i have no keys as the guy did a runner from the house and the bike i bought it from the finance company for £300.will I have to purchase an ecu with key I'm under the impression if you dont have keys then or the tag with the number then your up the creek.any advice would be great
Thanks

Try this, every Honda dealer has an "intranet". Back in the 2000's it was called Hondanet; a web based database that dealers could access parts availability, recalls, and original sale dates by VIN. Go to your nearest Honda dealer and ask them kindly to look up your VIN. The print will tell you the original selling dealer's "dealer number". From there, you might be able to contact them and see if the key tag number was written down on the pre-delivery checklist (which it should have been) or somewhere in the sales records.

Keep looking on the web for answers. I've found several other ideas just by Googling lost CBR key

Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Good result, dependant on cost. Just for interest, how much? And will you do the install or pass it over to a tech?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lockset with ECU and key was £250 I hope it's a plug and play if not it will be sent back to the seller on ebay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts