Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi,

Yes, you will need to jump the connection after you unplug the sidestand. When the sidestand is up, it completes the circuit. What I did was splice in a two wire trailer wiring connector into the harness that you plug the sidestand into. Basically, I added the connectors right in the harness, so that I would have an additional place to unplug it.

Then make a jumper connector where both the wires coming out are soldered to each other, essentially making a u-shapeThen when I remove the sidestand, instead of unplugging the factory connector, I unplug it at my spliced-in connector. Then I replace the sidestand connector with my jumper connector.

You could jerry-rig a wire that it just stuffed into the stock connector and tape that in. I did not want to do that, because it could possibly come loose, and cause a crash due to unexpectedly killing the motor when you need it most.

·
Registered
768 Posts
The ideal way would be to get another factory connector that is the same one as came on the sidestand, then solder the two wires together. I did not know if it was possible to obtain that connector seperately from the harness. If you wanted to, you could spend $20.00 and buy another sidestand from eBay, and cut the connector off of that.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Or spend about $2 and make a short wire with some ends on it that will plug in. If not, splice into the stock harness and have pigtails coming out of it. That way when you want the sidestand on the bike you just unplig the pigtails!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just sliced it and tied the wires together. No need to be all fancy. This bike is a dedicated race bike now. It'd take alot of work to get 'er back to street form! (Though I do still have all the street stuff!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts