Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/girls,

First post for me. I've searched through the site to try and find the solution, but no dice.

I'm racing in superstock 1000cc(AUS) this year and slowly taking apart my bike to get it ready and putting race bits back on it. I took off the kickstand and the sensor bit came apart with bits going everywhere.

I've heard you can just find the right place for the sensor and tape it together, but trying different positions, it doesn't seem to want to get into gear.

Does anyone know if you can just remove this sensor all together?

It just goes to stall as soon as you try to engage first.

Any help/suggestions would be great. :)

Cheers,
Ben.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi guys/girls,

First post for me. I've searched through the site to try and find the solution, but no dice.

I'm racing in superstock 1000cc(AUS) this year and slowly taking apart my bike to get it ready and putting race bits back on it. I took off the kickstand and the sensor bit came apart with bits going everywhere.

I've heard you can just find the right place for the sensor and tape it together, but trying different positions, it doesn't seem to want to get into gear.

Does anyone know if you can just remove this sensor all together?

It just goes to stall as soon as you try to engage first.

Any help/suggestions would be great. :)

Cheers,
Ben.
Depends on whether it's an open or closed circuit.
Have you tried unplugging it?
If that doesn't work then try bridging the connector to close the circuit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't tried to unplug it yet... will tonight, just been trying to "fix" the actual sensor....

I hear you can fix the O2 sensor by just cutting the black n white wires that connect to it and taping them together.

By bridging the circuit, you suggest cutting cable and tieing them together?

Cheers,
Ben

Depends on whether it's an open or closed circuit.
Have you tried unplugging it?
If that doesn't work then try bridging the connector to close the circuit.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I haven't tried to unplug it yet... will tonight, just been trying to "fix" the actual sensor....

I hear you can fix the O2 sensor by just cutting the black n white wires that connect to it and taping them together.

By bridging the circuit, you suggest cutting cable and tieing them together?

Cheers,
Ben
Connecting the wires may kill any error code but how does it fix the fueling? You would need to tell the ECU that the O2 sensor is missing, you can't just remove it as the ECU would assume it's died and probably resort to a safe map. Dynojet make an O2 sensor eliminator.
You can cut them, or poke a paper clip through both wires and tape it up, or get another sidestand connector and tape those wires together and plug it into the harness connector - whatever you find simplest :)
To see if it works though you merely need to poke somnething into the connector to cause contact between the pins.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried unplugging the cable, but it still had the same issue by stalling as soon as i put it into gear.
So bridging the cable is just cutting the two cables and joining them together?
That is my last effort, then ill have to buy another sensor and carefully take it apart....

Connecting the wires may kill any error code but how does it fix the fueling? You would need to tell the ECU that the O2 sensor is missing, you can't just remove it as the ECU would assume it's died and probably resort to a safe map. Dynojet make an O2 sensor eliminator.
You can cut them, or poke a paper clip through both wires and tape it up, or get another sidestand connector and tape those wires together and plug it into the harness connector - whatever you find simplest :)
To see if it works though you merely need to poke somnething into the connector to cause contact between the pins.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I tried unplugging the cable, but it still had the same issue by stalling as soon as i put it into gear.
So bridging the cable is just cutting the two cables and joining them together?
That is my last effort, then ill have to buy another sensor and carefully take it apart....
As I said, stick a screwdriver in the connector to bridge the pins and see if it works.
If it does, then it's up to you how you decide to make it permanent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey mate, thanks for the tip.

I ended up cracking the sh!ts with the sensor and cut the two wires and joined them. Problem solved. Bike can now be put into gear without it cutting out.
Cheers,

As I said, stick a screwdriver in the connector to bridge the pins and see if it works.
If it does, then it's up to you how you decide to make it permanent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts