Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here Kite Surf / Board.
I'm just getting started got some lessons for my birthday, and a work mate is semi-pro, taken me under his wing (or kite as the case may be)

It is Mad!
Anyone who gets a chance to do it, go for it.
Like riding, when your out there you don't have a care in the world.
Gliding over the water, wind in your hair, getting dragged 40 feet along the sand! (Hmmmm nice rash, hey I had 2 nipples!)
OK I maybe got 10 feet of air the other day but Wooo what a rush, pros get over 40!
Great videos out there as well have a look, mind blowing stuff :cool:

I apologise to anyone reading this where it's snowing :twofing:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
A co-worker of mine has tried it, but we're not really in a good geographical location for it.

He's also the type that buys the biggest and bestest of toys, so he started with a 12meter kite. He asked me to go along the first time he flew it to lend a hand if it should try to lift him (about 210lbs). The wind was gusting from 15 to 25mph and when I saw the size of that kite, I suggested we tie him off to his truck which was on the beach with us. Good thing, because the first gust launched him almost vertically and he hit the end of the rope so hard I thought it would break. Once I realized he wasn't going to disappear into the clouds I busted a gut laughing. He didn't ask me to go again. :rotfl:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
I've been an avid windsurfer for years and have been itching to try kite surfing. A couple of guys do it here locally and it looks like a blast!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thinking about getting into it this summer over here.

The Columbia Gorge is suppose to be one of the best places in the world to kite surf and wind surf.

We always have a ton of Aussies up here taking advantage of our beautiful amenities.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts