Registered
11,098 Posts
:clap:
Some lakes are starting to ban those things already... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
:pointup:

I've never seen those. That looks like a really good way to get hurt though.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
The company has recalled all of them seems a few people have died on them.
Not surprising at all. I've been pitched off tubes at a high rate of speed relatively close to the water and skipped like a stone...loosing my trunks and getting all beat to hell...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Gotta love "alcohol sports"

indeed...I'd have been the dumbshit falling off 35 feet up at 35MPH if we'd have had one of these when I was in college. :rotfl:

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have a summer home.... and one of my money blowing buddies brought up two jet skis. One of them a turbo charged, four stroke, yamaha, three seater that was built up at a performance shop. It has been on the radar (not indicated) at 78 mph on a large three seater.

So we get a tube.... and instead of pulling it behind the boat, we do it behind this three seater. This tube is huge.... three people or me on this thing.

I being a smart ass told him... no way you will be able to get me off this thing (famous last words......). So after taunting and betting dinner, I decide to go. My wife is spotting and Wisconsin law says the spotter on a three seater has to sit backwards...

He gets going on the lake and just goes to task.... All I know is that we were at wide open when all of a sudden he cuts the ski hard and rams the throttle. My wife looked over her shoulder and said the ski was showing 67 indicated and I was in front of the ski. I thought I had it.... lost it.... came flying off.... and from what they told me... Is I skipped over the water, because when all the dust settled I was sitting on the sand of the people across from out cottage looking out at the water.

People within 100 yards were stopped just staring at us.... then when I jumped up and threw my hands in the air... the laughter began.

I will never climb on a tube again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts