Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang! Just thought I'd check in on my old FB.org clan and see how everyone is doing.

I took a break from internet discussion boards around the holidays and, well, it turned into something of an extended vacation. Worked out well enough as I've been pretty busy. I honestly think I was spending too much time in front of the Evil Gray Box anyway.

The little woman and I are building a new house this spring. Plus, she's been gone for a few weeks of specialized training and I've been at home to play Mr. Mom. Wow, I've a newfound respect for single parents. It's alot of work.

My monochrome FZ1, now fully modded (I really intended on leaving it stock, lol!) sits in the garage, faithfully and patiently underneath my Roadgear Hibernator, awaiting the spring thaw. The weather has finally broken around here, with daytime highs now getting into the 40s. I'd guess by my birthday next month, I'll be riding again. Thank god . . . the long, frigid and snowy winter in the Loess Hills has been really tough (I won't need to be reminded not to purchase a new bike at the end of the riding season again - agony!).

Work has been busy as well. Seems the dregs of society don't take a break when it's cold outside. I guess this shouldn't surprise me, it's my 15th year in the biz. And yet I still find myself surprised from time to time. Yesterday I made a call of a stabbing first thing out of the chute in the a.m. A Hispanic guy got stabbed three times in the back, two near his lungs, one at about kidney level. We had to fight him to get him into the rescue squad. In his drunken stupor, he didn't believe he needed to go to the hospital!

Well, that's about enough outta me for the time being. Glad to see everyone still alive and kicking in, still, the best motorcycle forum in all of cyber-space (no, I've not sworn you all off for the Tuning Fork Peeps).

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I agree Chain, the weather has been..well :shit: It's funny how we think it's time to get ready to go riding at 45+ degrees, when others (the spoiled AZ,CA,FL and so on) complain it's to cold when it 50+ degrees out.

I hope all is gong well for you big daddy! Be sure to watch out for the sand and gravel all over the roads, the snow may be gone and temps rising but look out for road hazards. This goes for ALL of YOU!
:thumb:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Believe it or not, I was just wondering to myself yesterday what happened to you. Glad you are alive and keeping busy. Don't be a stranger. :)

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
:rolleyes: They must have closed down the local Krispy Kreme.

Welcome back. Have you posted your 'FZ1 For Sale' thread yet? :rasp:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LMAO!

Butthead- I wondered how long it would take for someone to ask.

For the record, I love my FZ1 and cannot see riding anything else. Now that I've experienced this sort of power and handling mixed with utility and a tubular handlebar, I'm not going back to rearsets and clip-ons again! :cheers2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts