Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after the recent lay down, it looks like I'll need some new frame sliders. I am looking for some good ones, ones that will hold up and look good. My wife has the Vortex replacable sliders in chrome, which are pretty sweet on that bike, but I don't know how they'd look on my bike. Its yellow/black. It had the carbon fiber LP sliders on there, which looked pretty decent, but they're a pain to replace once they get messed up. If you can, post some pics!

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
redhotz28 said:
So after the recent lay down, it looks like I'll need some new frame sliders. I am looking for some good ones, ones that will hold up and look good. My wife has the Vortex replacable sliders in chrome, which are pretty sweet on that bike, but I don't know how they'd look on my bike. Its yellow/black. It had the carbon fiber LP sliders on there, which looked pretty decent, but they're a pain to replace once they get messed up. If you can, post some pics!
Track tested Vortex delrin sliders (black). Worked as advertised. Have another manufacturer's sliders on now but haven't tested them yet.

Chrome sliders will do nothing except piss you off. They'll cause more damage then they'll save you from.

·
Registered
170 Posts
if you want a replacement set of the LP carbon fiber i have an extra set, just got a lil scuff, a really wee scuff on the silver end cap where it bumped a trailer one afternoon...

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
the LP sliders definetly don't seem like they'd do a very good job of proection.

I've seen protek's shatter when they hit the ground.

I had Intuitives on the old bike and slammed one off the ground with as much force as you possibly can and it held up, just some indentations in the end from pavement/pebbles. They worked so good I put them on the current bike. Not sure how much they'll save in a lowside though cause they don't stick out too much.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
redhotz28 said:
Looks too small around... I'd put more trust in the LP ones. I'd like to get something else though... I've looked at Sickshooter Motorcycle Parts and Accessories, Sixshooter motorcycle parts, Sixshooter, Firearm Theme Motorcycle parts and accessories for Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Ducati, Harley, Harley Davidson, and Custom Motorcycles but they only make the gun barrel sliders, and they look kinda sketchy.
Place looks like a slam shop from East LA. Order some from Cal-sportbike.com or Chaparral. Knee Draggers is a good place too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts