Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my precious perfect 08 CBR1000RR for its clutch upgrade, its first set off fresh rubber BT016's and a Quick action throttle install. Knutford Honda's mechanics messed everything up.

It took them 3 extra days to do this :eek:

1, The clutch upgrade was installed incorrectly, even though i gave them a printout from honda showing them where previous mechanics were going wrong and how to get it done right. Clutch slip made it hard to take off from a standstill and when reved over 6K it would slip into high revs.

2, Fitted the QAT and put glue all over my switch gear, plus left quater of a turn slack in the throttle, i had to build two 5mm collars on the CNC to fix it myself.

3, They scuffed my rims on both sides installing the tires, when asked about it they replied "we noted it was done before the tire install". Thats bull cos i watched the kid start the job.

4, R&G slider was left half undone and the cap/logo is missing off it.

Unfortunately the bike has gone back there to have its clutch fixed, but they are so incompetent that i dont want them touching the bike anymore than they have to and they are not going to do anything about the scratched rims.

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I'd be p!ssed too! Probably was a helper and not a tech. At least I hope so or that's pretty bad stuff for sure. Word of mouth can be quite harmful unless they are the only dealer around.

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
:eek: For gawds sake put in a complaint and insist on everything being sorted out, including the wheels... and if that doesn't work take it highter.... Trading standards may be able to help you....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are denying everything, but im going to try.

The worst part is they say they have inspected the clutch and its exactly how honda recommend it be installed, so their is nothing more they can do.
The mechanic took it for a tootle up the road and recons its fine. Its a damn superbike, you need to give it full power and wait till over 6k revs for the clutch to slip.

Im going over to see them tomorrow.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Think they used enough freaking glue? I'd be pissed, times like that is when I make a big freaking scene in the show room. They tend to hate that.

·
Registered
391 Posts
3, They scuffed my rims on both sides installing the tires, when asked about it they replied "we noted it was done before the tire install". Thats bull cos i watched the kid start the job.
i dont know how they do it over the pond, but i know here at my shop, we inspect he bike BEFORE we take it in, all scuffs, scratches, broken or missing parts are noted and the customer signs off on it before we even touch it.

Might want to check the paper work to see if you signed anything to that effect....

That's a bummer, but now you have a good reason to get a some sick looking rim stripes....

i personally like the ones by tape works...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hate rim tape, think its the saddest thing ever, but if I fit black then it might cover the scratches.

Great Idea Skorpia
Thanks

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
I have another option to fill your needs for satisfaction....GO AND BURN THE BLOODY GARAGE DOWN!!! Bunch of tossers, thats disgusting what they've done.
I complained out here because they scratched the rear rim on the very 1st tyre change, I was furious!! The shop tarted it up for me and gave a load of credit in the shop.
You gotta complain and I think Trading standards and the Citizens Advice Bureau would be a great help to you.

In failing all that....go back to my original idea:D

·
Registered
541 Posts
I suggest that you try trading standards also....even if it only puts that business on their radar....you may be surprised....

The threat of a write up in MCN / Fast Bike / Bike / Rider and the local Knutsford rags accompanied by photos may help also.... (before actually doing so you may wish to check with legal eagles first to avoid adverse consequences for yourself) - but the threat may work....

Plus you could visit all the local bike haunts and "display" their work - If I was a dealership I would take this very seriously....

Finally, a complaint direct to Honda UK may cause them significant trouble....If you do this you may be able to get a "complaint number" and possibly some recompense - plus it pust the dealer on Honda UK's radar also...

Do you have any pre job photos (they do not necessarily need to know when they were taken??) to prove lack of damage prior to their handy work???

Just a few thoughts....

Good luck...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Really really sh*tty situation you have there ant. I'm sorry for ya man. If anything though, this post gives me good motivation to take pictures of the bike at the dealership before they start the work. There will be no questions or doubts with such a practice. The glue picture is just a nightmare!

It's too bad I don't live near you for if I did you bet I'd be spreading the word on such incompetent and shady business practices. Best of luck getting things worked out in your favor!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Saxonblade - Ive got a write-up in MCN and Fastbikes coming soon, but its about the 08 CBR1000RR clutch upgrade problem, its too much to ask for them to slag off Knutsford Honda for me. It is a start though.

Ive got a video of my bike outside the dealership, with me recommending videoing your bike, then i show the scratched wheels. Hopefully if i post it on youtube it will turn up on the search engines and put people off going there.

Thanks listen silent, im certainly not going back there.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts