Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
They're from my hometown, too. Nice bunch of guys, really. It's really hard to knock them as they do sanction organized stunting events at Pennington Field (huge concrete parking lot), which has medical personnel on site, and also track days at Texas Motor Speedway. I'm into the stunting as well as track riding, so it's nice to see a group taking the initiative to try and get the crazies off the public roads and onto a closed course to practice their stuff. That way riders and spectators alike can have a fun, safe event. Just my $.02, but somehow I just can already see the flames coming from admitting that I'm into the stunting.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
That's cool that they don't do it on public roads. That' my only real objection to it, the times it's done on public roads where it can endanger others. That just gives all of us a bad rap.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Actually they do, do it on public roads. We have 3 or 4 bike nights in Dallas and they'll show up, sometimes with a camera. I've actually seen them do it on public roads.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
HondaGalToo : That's cool that they don't do it on public roads.  That' my only real objection to it, the times it's done on public roads where it can endanger others.  That just gives all of us a bad rap.
Watch the 'Coney Island' one. Very much public streets.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I think the only stunting anyone here has any problem with is the public road kind. I like watching a good trick on a closed circuit as much as the next guy - I just don't wanna wreck my bike to learn it.

Z...

·
Registered
276 Posts
cool link ! but the cops around hear would have shot him (if it wasn't staged )we get guys like that all the time up here my best friend is a 'stunter ' it gets crazy, we where going to a party and he decides to do a stand up silly fool gets it up and is going good i'd say a half mile or so an bang . down it slams he tweaked his back. oh yeah and no gear , jeans and a t . now he rides with gear cause a week ago he did a stoppie and bailed the bike landed on him burned his leg . i laughed when i heard he was only wearing shorts looks good on him

·
Registered
29 Posts
when I first saw the crazy larry and the cops, I said, 'can't be a cop cause in plano they would've already maced him, then planted drugs on them...' (For those of you who don't know, Dallas is #1 in crime sixth straight year among million plus cities)

I've think ive seen these jackasses do this #### down 635 at night. I've been next to them many times in my car while one of their buddies is filming. Sometimes my car 'weaves' and catches them off guard...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
COCK HOLES!

Natural selection at work, only a matter of time.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
FLAME SUIT ON...Gotta respect the skills. I 110% agree with the haters here...public roads are out!! But still, you have to respect the skills...at almost 40, I wish I could do a stand up wheelie or a 10o'clock on my blade. Also, at almost 40 I realize the only way to get good at these is gonna cost some bike...so...On the flip side, it's only so far away that riding a 'sport bike' is a criminal action thanks to these same a-holes...what a double sided coin eh? Cheers,

J

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Chain : Quote (Rigger @ Aug. 16 2003, 10:35pm)cool link ! but the cops around hear would have shot him (if it wasn't staged)
Don't worry, it was.
Yeah, I was gonna post the same opinion earlier. No way the police would have tolerated that BS for so long. Also no way the guy w/the camcorder would have been allowed to take that much footage.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Bacchus : Quote (Chain @ Aug. 16 2003, 7:38pm)Quote (Rigger @ Aug. 16 2003, 10:35pm)cool link ! but the cops around hear would have shot him (if it wasn't staged)
Don't worry, it was.
Yeah, I was gonna post the same opinion earlier.  No way the police would have tolerated that BS for so long.
The first clue wasn't his conduct, it was his clothing. His utility belt is totally devoid of any equipment (cuffs, radio, mace, baton, keepers, etc.) but for a sidearm.

And yeah, I'd have put up with Larry doing about one whole burnout in front of me before he'd have gotten launched.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Gearhead : I'm into the stunting as well as track riding, so it's nice to see a group taking the initiative to try and get the crazies off the public roads and onto a closed course to practice their stuff.  
Dude, did you *WATCH* the videos? In 'Larry and the Wanna-be Cops' it's pretty clear there is traffic on both ends of that road.

What a bunch of dumb-f**ks.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Zeeman : I think the only stunting anyone here has any problem with is the public road kind. I like watching a good trick on a closed circuit as much as the next guy - I just don't wanna wreck my bike to learn it.

Z...
Basically the way I look at it is if you want to wad your bike on a track, stadium or whatever you rented then that's fine.. just don't do it on our public streets and don't go crying to your insurance company to pay for your stupidity because it's *all* of us paying for your stupidity or should I say overt stupidity.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts