Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A dealer in Wisconsin..... that will remain nameless....

A Engine builder and support dealership for a former Factory Ducati team (did I give enough hints?)

Stated to me that his dealership/Engine builders will be supporting a Road Racing team with the factory production KTM road bike.......

This would be big!!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
They have already said they plan on getting into racing in the next year or so. They are running a 125 I believe in GP already. Can't remember where I read about them getting into the litre bike races though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Motorcycle News (UK) had a story last week to the effect that they have decided to pull the plug on their MotoGP project on grounds of cost and technical difficulty, but will be continuing in 125. Can't remember if they said it was going to affect their plans for a big road bike..

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Supposedly that's one of the reasons Red Bull pulled out of MotoGP sponsorship with Yamaha this year. They were supposed to be coming back with KTM (both Austrian companies).

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Gentlemen.... this Dealer who was the dealership Sponsor for HMC Ducati, is re tooling his engine and racing shop for a superbike.....

·
Registered
343 Posts
of CORSE it's hard to figure out who is it - but I hope it's true!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
That's cool. There's been rumors for some time of taking their new V-Twin motor racing. Sounds like it's gonna happen!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not sure how to read the Corse bit - do you mean Ducati? If it's KTM perhaps an outing in AMA Superbike (and they have been talking of launching a big V twin roadbike as far as I can remember) might be more suited to their wallets than GP - I imagine the US must be their major market anyway.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok.... I will reveal it all

HMC Ducati (corse) who had the factory team for AMA out of Saukville Wisconsin right on 43...... Lost its world sponsorship.... this is why the austin team came about.

Talked to Owner..... who happens to be a friend of a co-worker has his efforts this year in Dirt Bikes... I do not know which event.

We said is HMC coming back next year to AMA superbike and he said not Ducati, but talks are in the making for KTM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts