Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Sato Frame Sliders on their '04 1000RR that Dan Kyle sells on his site? I just want to confirm that they are A NO CUT installation. I just can't bring myself to cut holes in my body work.:eek:

Also - How did the install go? Where there good instructions with the sliders? etc.
Pics Please!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Have you got a link to these? I need a set and those sound as good as any...if they are from Dan they probably make you go faster too :D

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I found the link to kyles shop, I just don't see any 1000RR sliders? Maybe they have to order them?

Are these the ones that you are talking about? looky here

Looks like you have to cut, unless these are the wrong ones?

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
You have to cut holes for Sato sliders. Mine are no-cut Shoguns, got them from sliderhouse on ebay for about 65 dollars.

<edit>
Installation was a piece of pie, just make sure to use a torque wrench and tighten to 47 lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
They're made of some sort of nylon / plastic material. Pretty soft, which I think is ideal. They mount on a thick (about 3/8ths inch) offset bracket. Lowers don't have to come off. All I did was take off a few screws on the mid fairings and pull them back. They fit perfect. I've seen a few pics on 1000rr.net of bikes that have crashed on them, and they did their job pretty well. One guy went down at 25mph and chewed up his fairings pretty bad but the cases and frame didn't have a scratch and the slider offsets didn't screw up his engine mounts.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
hurry, sheep hurry...a couple more weeks and I will be riding again, I won't have as much time to look around at pictures and yap endlessly on the WWW... :D

J/K I can wait, but it woudl be nice to see what everyone is using for no cut sliders on the 1000RR...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Northern RR said:
I found the link to kyles shop, I just don't see any 1000RR sliders? Maybe they have to order them?

Are these the ones that you are talking about? looky here

Looks like you have to cut, unless these are the wrong ones?

Check this out :http://www.kyleusa.com/catalog/sato_frame_sliders_3178175.htm

It does not say anything about moding the CBR1000rr. Note the bracket of the pic at the bottom of the page. I think maybe Dan makes the bracket. Hence the 95.00 cost. I have an email into him so I will let you know if that is the case on the no cut for the 1000rr

His discription of the slider Note the no cut except on RC51 and 600RR:
"Sato Frame Sliders, are made of Delrin, the best material for a slider.
Delrin frame sliders, finest quality, most are bolt on design, no cutting required. Exceptions include Rc51, CBr600RR. Sato uses Delrin rather than the cheaper UHMW, delrin machines to a nicer finish, Delrin slides better, and looks better. Available in black or white."

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Anything that SHOULD be cut but they make brackets for etc, for a frame slider will generally do more harm than good when you come off. The people that sell Oggy Knobs here (brand of slider) refuse to sell anything that needs brackets etc, coz they've seen it do more damage etc. For me, it's either cut it, or leave them off.,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, Dan Kyle emailed me back - "It does require the faring to be cut, the slider come with a tool to mark where the sliders need to be cut. "

Who has a web site where I can order online the No Cut Shogun or Valtermoto sliders?

phobiaphobe where did you order yours from?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone used these slider from Intuitive Race? Pics?

Ebony Frame Slider 'Street' - CBR1000RR ('04)
$114.95
This item contains the following items; two (2) 1.75" diameter black plastic pieces, two (2) special aluminum adapters, four (4) bolts, one (1) washer, and two (2) aluminum bushings. This application does not require bodywork modifications.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
VisuMAX said:
Well, Dan Kyle emailed me back - "It does require the faring to be cut, the slider come with a tool to mark where the sliders need to be cut. "

Who has a web site where I can order online the No Cut Shogun or Valtermoto sliders?

phobiaphobe where did you order yours from?

ebay store called sliderhouse.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
VisuMAX said:
Has anyone used these slider from Intuitive Race? Pics?

Ebony Frame Slider 'Street' - CBR1000RR ('04)
$114.95
This item contains the following items; two (2) 1.75" diameter black plastic pieces, two (2) special aluminum adapters, four (4) bolts, one (1) washer, and two (2) aluminum bushings. This application does not require bodywork modifications.
Intuitive make great products. Not sure about the adapters but they make high quality no cut sliders.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Nice work :thumb: I guess that I have to start saving my money for the valtermotos :D

If you get soon be sure to post up how they fit(please, please, please)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts