Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully not jinxing ourselves before closing (Feb 28), but here is our new place. It's about 2K sq ft larger than our current house and much less expensive than it looks (no moderator fees used in the transaction).

Quiet Culdesac Setting at Beautiful Lake Breeze Estates in Millersburg. Only 10 Miles East of Highway 63 & Broadway in Columbia. 1.37 Acres (m/l) with Landscaping & Wooded Backdrop & Privacy Fenced Backyard. Neighborhood Entrance Across from Little Dixie Lake & Conservation Land. Convenient Access to Boat Launches & Wildlife Trails.
Features:
2 Story Exquisite Custom Design with 4 Bedrooms, 3 Full & 1 Half Baths & a 2 Car Garage • Stone & Hardy Plank Exterior with Numerous Extra Large Windows Throughout, Including Double & Triple Sets with Generous Transoms • Beautiful Millwork & Finished Detail, Including White Column Accents, Crown Moulding, Wainscoting & Chair-railing • Plantation Blinds Throughout • 2 Story Foyer with Overlook from Wrought-Iron Bannister Upstairs • Custom Fixtures & Inset Lighting • Designer Paint Colors • 10+ Foot Ceilings with Vaulted Office • Hardwood Floors in Foyer, Halls, Great Room, Kitchen & Breakfast Room • Tile Flooring in All Baths, Utility & Mud Room • Wonderful & Open Gourmet Kitchen with Island Professional Downdraft Gas Range & Adjacent Bar-top Seating • Mark Hall Custom Cabinetry with Display Tops, Above & Under Lighting, XL Pantry, Fridge Cubby, Wall Oven • Granite Tile Countertops with Lots of Prep Space & 2 Sinks • Sunny Breakfast Room with Patio Access • Elegant Formal Dining • Office with French Door Entry • Great Room Adjacent to Living Room with 2 Room Gas Fireplace In Between • eCenter Inset in Great Room; Whole House Wired for Satellite • Cat5 Data Wiring; Sound System Wiring with Built-in Speakers Included • Formal Living Room with Country Views • All Bedrooms are Upstairs & Provide Walk-in Closets & Bath Access • Jack & Jill Bath Between Bedrooms 3 & 4, with Tiled Shower & Dual Vanity • Second Bedroom with Bath Suite, Including Jetted Tub & Tiled Shower • 23 Foot Master Bedroom with Sitting Room & French Doors to Bath Suite's Wetbar, Dual Sinks & Vanity with Custom Mosaic Tile Inlay, Luxury Jetted Tub, Tiled Walk-in Shower with Window & 2 Shower Heads 16 x 12 Master Closet with Adjoining Laundry Room • 2 HVAC Systems & 2 Hot Water Heaters (One Dedicated to Master Bath) • Water Softener Included
Dining room, office, kitchen and master bedroom will be painted before we move in.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Do those workbenches come with the house, or are they just props... :idunno:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Wow, that is one fine lookin home. Mind if I ask what a shack like that is worth in your part of the world? Here you'd probably be knocking on 3/4 mil. or more depending on the neighborhood. Nice. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really don't want to make you all sick to know what we're paying for it. Suffice it to say, there are advantages to living a few miles outside of town. We couldn't afford this place if it were in certain neighborhoods the same distance from downtown Columbia. We have friends who bought a slightly smaller house but closely equivalent and theirs just appraised for over $400K. We're paying no where near that. They are planning to build a golf course not far from the new place, so our property value should probably go crazy in a few years. We're really lucky to be getting this place now.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Great House TB, Congrats and Hope the escrow goes well.

This is what torques me off about living in SoCal. I travel the MO, MI, MA, Fla, AZ, AL, etc... and see amazing homes like yours for literally nothinng (in comparison). I haven't figured out what is so cool about living here that makes the market so over inflated? :idunno: You get so much more house for much less anywhere else in the nation. I've been wanting to move, but the job market doesn't support us anywhere else, so I guess that answers my question.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mo Noyz said:
:eek:

When we hit Strada Nova next month, you guys are buying!
Ha! At least that'll be before our 1st payment I guess.

Seriously, what we're paying for this place is ridiculous. This should be an above-our-means house. But we ain't complaining...

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Wow, very nice, congrats! Yup, something like that would probably be $800,000 to a million around here. Older, small homes in my neighborhood on 1/4 acre lots are going for upper $400k. It's crazy. And I mean small homes...small rooms, one car garage.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
navydevildoc said:
Dude, that house would be close to 1.75 mil here in San Diego.
Hell, I couldn't pay the power bill on that house down here! And definately not the water bill.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
TB and Sunny for that price someone must have gone insane and murdered their family there. Possible Indian burial ground, high likelihood of tortured souls. Better go to the local library and look through old newspaper headlines just to be sure.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts