Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my lady of almost a year has decided she'd like to make the leap onto the back of the bike this summer. It would be her first ride, so she doesn't even have a helmet yet. I realize we won't know if she's really into it (which would be a definite bummer!) until she rides for a while, but I really don't want to skimp on her gear even though it could only get worn a dozen times. Granted, when she's on the back it'll be leisurely rides with friends and to bike nights.

I think I'm going to look for an HJC helmet for her, not crazy expensive and well built, unless someone has a better recommendation? I wear a Shoei, and prob don't want to spend that kind of money yet, but wear an HJC motocross helmet and love it. My main question is about the jacket. I'm not a fan of textile and would feel much better if she was wearing a leather jacket (I've been down 3 times in 6 yrs and the jacket saved my flesh every time!). I'll prob get her a pair of Icon leather gloves like mine.

Any recommendations for good, relatively inexpensive gear? Don't want to sacrifice safety for price though. Recs from ladies would be great.

By the way, I was down 3 times, only one was my fault and I learned a ton from that mistake. The other 2: was pulled out in front of with 0 time to react and was rear-ended by an inexperienced rider who didn't know how to stop. Just didn't want anyone thinking I'm a nut planning on riding stupid with his girl on the back.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
there's tons of good stuff out there, follow craigslist cuz tons of stuff goes up on there everyday. keep your eyes on the classifieds here as well, tons of online vendors doing REALLY good sales right now, i think competition accessories was having a closeout on a good leather jacket recently, may want to look them up.. good for you for wanting to keep your girl safe, i wish most of the idiots out there would do the same.. rep for you bud...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip! Competition Accessories has some killer deals right now. Kneedraggers isn't even in the same ballpark on some of the stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Also check newenough.com
Alpinestars makes a womens' line of leathers.
For a less expensive helmet that's still good quality, look into Scorpion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts