Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Few more pics:

Laguna page 1
Laguna page 2

The new Honda performed very well yesterday. (didn't get the chance to talk with Zemke).
Duhamel rode the Factory 600RR.
They didn't share lap times, however Duhamel had a sweet 1:23 written on his board on Tuesday.
Doug Chandler was there as well (since he lives so close by).
Kawai boys Hayden were also there - a little quiet on their side though.
Bostrom brothers were very sweet and friendly.
BBoz had no negative comments about the Honda. Said it performed very smooth and was very responsive.
I have more - I'm compiling results from today and Thursday and getting an article out.
I'll share it when I'm done!

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
RacerCutie said:
Few more pics:

[Duhamel rode the Factory 600RR.
They didn't share lap times, however Duhamel had a sweet 1:23 written on his board on Tuesday.
I'd be VERY suprised if this was his full lap time as the current track record is with Troy Baylis in 02 with a 1:24.833. Tha AMA record is Anthony Gobert in 99 at 1:25.507.

·
Registered
735 Posts
RRWANTR said:
I'd be VERY suprised if this was his full lap time as the current track record is with Troy Baylis in 02 with a 1:24.833. Tha AMA record is Anthony Gobert in 99 at 1:25.507.
I honestly don't know. Again, they weren't sharing any lap times, however the Honda team was very impressed on the rider's performance yesterday (before it started raining).

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
RRWANTR said:
Don't under estimate that bike :nono:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
nedro said:
I wonder how Tommy likes being called "Nicky's Brother"
LOL, I saw that too... Especially considering Tommy kicking Nicky's ass growing up made Nicky who he is today...

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
ND4SPD said:
Don't under estimate that bike :nono:
I wouldn't underestimate the 1000RR (which I'd still be doubtful of hitting th e track record at this pt and in not perfect conditions) but from the pics it looks like Duhamel was testing on the 600RR FX bike not the superbike which I would seriously doubt hitting the record.....but I may be wrong.. :idunno: :p :D

Man that 1000RR decked out in CF sure looks FINE!!!! :inlove: :drool: :sex:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes, Duhamel was testing the FX 600RR:

I'm trying to get actual lap times in the next couple of days. Duhamel was fast.
Really.

The 1000rr looked fantastic in person - can you say carbon fiber? Jardine's apparently making an exhaust system for it. Whether they'll use it, I dunno.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RacerCutie said:
Jardine's apparently making an exhaust system for it.
You mean "Jardine is waiting for Akropovic to finish the exhaust so they can put a Jardine decal on it." :p

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
nedro said:
I wonder how Tommy likes being called "Nicky's Brother"
That's Roger Lee....

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Great pics RC! Looks like you and Bennyboy were really chummy! ;) Must be nice being able to ride over to Laguna and watch the pros at work...

Where did you get the number plate that's mounted over your headlight?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Red Rider said:
Great pics RC! Looks like you and Bennyboy were really chummy! ;) Must be nice being able to ride over to Laguna and watch the pros at work...

Where did you get the number plate that's mounted over your headlight?
Bennyboy gave me a smoocheroo on the cheek, ahem. :googly:
He's very personable, very easygoing. It started raining so a few people there moved our bikes from the rain into an overhanging area. Jake, BBoz, Tommy Lee and a Cycle World photographer were just hanging around in this little area. BBoz was commenting on my Suomy Laguna Seca replica helmet claiming that was his helmet, etc. We started arguing, :rant: "mine, no my helmet", "I can ride a Honda better than you", "lambchops making you slow", etc.
Pics were after we made up.

Number plate? You're referring to my number 9 - It's tape. All tape.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah thanks for the cool "insider" pics RC! :clap:

I thought it was funny; at Barber we're walking into the paddock area and I hear a guy in the car behind us telling the security guard, "Um, I'm a rider..." I turn around and it's Ben. I didn't end up having to vouch for him though, LOL. :smilebig:

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RacerCutie said:
Jake, BBoz, Tommy Lee and a Cycle World photographer were just hanging around in this little area.
Tommy Lee was there? You sure that wasn't a different party? :p

1 - 20 of 38 Posts