Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I'll be doing a ride around Lake Berryessa on Sunday 1/5/2014.
Anyone here interested? Love to see some representation!
If interested, meet at the Chevron at the intersection of Hwy 128 and I-505.
At 12:00 noon.

:thumb:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Yeah mate, I'm on my way =P I wish I could get out like that right now, but your temps are actually a good bit higher then mine right now. Not to say I'm not getting out, just not as much as I wish right now without having to put on thermals coated by my leathers just to keep decently warm.... Been chilly...

·
Registered
733 Posts
As the title states, I'll be doing a ride around Lake Berryessa on Sunday 1/5/2014.
Anyone here interested? Love to see some representation!
If interested, meet at the Chevron at the intersection of Hwy 128 and I-505.
At 12:00 noon.

:thumb:
If I recall that's a nice valley floor stretch of left's and right's through some rolling hills maybe North East of Napa? It's been awhile, possibly running along "Putah Creek?"

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing that's nice about Berryessa is the low elevation. The highways stay pretty clear and clean. Except after rainstorms. Then, obviously, you have to be on the lookout for wet, sand, and such.
But yeah, there's plenty of road out there, like stretches of 128 and 121, that are like non-stop chicane. Your bike is never straight up except when transitioning to the next turn. :eyebrows:

The Blue circle is where it's convenient for me to meet, but can meet other places too if need be.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another beautiful day for a ride. Temps in the 60's, very little traffic. Couldn't ask for better conditions anywhere in the northern hemisphere.
Talk about starting the year off proper!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Twinss!!! :pointup: Looks amazing! Right now it's -30 deg F wind chill with about 7-8" of snow... I'm hating life right now.. :(
Enjoy life for me while I hibernate for a few days.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Jon, you have to get a few GoPros or something and start video filming the rides for us to see! I missed my chance of riding yesterday in mid 60's because I was feeling a bit ill. I did get out and do about 60 miles later in the evening, but my decent temp'd ride turned into riding in the wet. After the rain passed the temps dropped like a stone and by 3am (my last ride to the store) they had reached the mid 30's.... I thought it would still be decent so I went out with thermals, jeans, and jacket w/liner in it.... brrrrrr... Even my police friends I ran into at the fuel station were poking fun at me....

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jon, you have to get a few GoPros or something and start video filming the rides for us to see! I missed my chance of riding yesterday in mid 60's because I was feeling a bit ill. I did get out and do about 60 miles later in the evening, but my decent temp'd ride turned into riding in the wet. After the rain passed the temps dropped like a stone and by 3am (my last ride to the store) they had reached the mid 30's.... I thought it would still be decent so I went out with thermals, jeans, and jacket w/liner in it.... brrrrrr... Even my police friends I ran into at the fuel station were poking fun at me....
:nopity:
Why are you riding a motorcycle in 30 degree weather at 3am if you're sick?
Nevermind. That's rhetorical...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yea Jon we have to get together for one of these. I'm, in the middle of painting (new house) but after that gets squared away I'm free for the rest of the year. That's about 10 months of serious riding the way our weather is holding out. What is the approx. time to do that loop?

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Omg RRD ur talking 1K in ur money here each and if we are honest if we had that kind of disposable assets we would be driving supercars
Nah, just one GoPro somewhere in the bunch (maybe at the back?) to film the action would be great. The unit I picked up was older, still works great, and cost me less than $100. If I ever end up that way I'll certainly have a go through the canyons with these guys and will gladly film the action =)

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
:nopity:
Why are you riding a motorcycle in 30 degree weather at 3am if you're sick?
Nevermind. That's rhetorical...

Rhetorical or not...

It was much warmer during the early evening (like high 50's low 60's) and I figured it'd still be decent. Once the bike was started it was a set path to the store... 2 wheels instead of 4 lol. If I hadn't been deprived all day (and weekend actually) I would've just taken the car I think. It was beautiful weather all day (like low 60's and mostly sunny) and I just felt that I wasted the day hiding on the couch watching Top Gear (UK version) and owed it to Serenity to have a ride.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
By the way, the more I see such sexy RVTs the more I want one.... What a sexy beast the RCs are.....

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea Jon we have to get together for one of these. I'm, in the middle of painting (new house) but after that gets squared away I'm free for the rest of the year. That's about 10 months of serious riding the way our weather is holding out. What is the approx. time to do that loop?
Absolutely! :thumb: There's a couple guys on this forum in my region that I would really like to ride with. You and fj1200 come to mind off the top of my head.
I just google mapped: looks like it's only about 80 miles from Livermore to where we meet in Winters. Not to bad... It's about 60 for me, so about the same.
If we do the short version, it only takes about 2 hours, 100 miles +/-.
But it's very easy and fun to add some cool options to the loop. There's several more roads there to ride.
We lucked out these last two weekends and traffic was extremely light. That's always nice.
I'll do the ride again very soon, weather permitting. Just let me know when it might work for you.
:welcome:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I picked up a yellow Lab from your way (Braemar Kennels) looked much like the one you have pictured. Found the litter due 6 weeks before my wife had our first daughter so they came home within a few hours of each other. Talk about a bond. We had him 18 years before we lost him, one of my favorites. Towards the end it was tough on me. Now we have a black Lab with Bull Mastiff. Took him away from a family that lived in a apartment and kept him into a rabbit cage the majority of the time. Trying to get his trust was rough for some time but now unconditional.
Later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts